Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellow Velarians,

I'm in the midst of Spec'ing a Velar. Im stuck between going for a D240 HSE with basic added options i.e Air, corris grey and black roof or going for an D240 SE and adding evey option except the 20 way seats. Which i will get if i go HSE but i will lose out on HUD, climate, Matrix laser that i couldnt afford to add if i were to go HSE.

So im leaning towards the SE but wanted to find out from fellow SE drivers with 10 way seats what there impressions was and from those with the 20 way is there a huge difference apart from massage as i will never use that but the wife will love it. Im looking for comfort rather then sport. Im currently driving a BMW 3 series GT and seats are too stiff but with the SE i can add so much more options.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi,
One thing you do need to be aware of (and it has been previously raised elsewhere on this forum) is that ONLY the 20 way seats have a lumbar adjustment - so as ridiculous as that may sound, unless you get HSE spec or option up to the 20 way seats - then you wont get ANY lumbar adjustability at all

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm 6'2ft and find the 10-way seats more than comfortable. When I was configuring my car, I too was in two minds on if I should go with an HSE or SE. In the end I decided to go with SE because I felt the extra ££ for the seat upgrade wasn't worth it because like you, I'm not fussed on the massage, cooling features. Yes, lumber support would be nice, but I'm not prepared to pay 4K for the privilege, especially when the majority of my journeys are sub 50 miles. Instead, with the money saved, I got more options on the car such as panoramic, 21" alloys, full leather etc.

FYI - the Maxtrix LEDs on the SE are fantastic and I don't think you would be disappointed in them.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Sorry to put a different light on the situation but I had the 10-way seats in my Fpace and I just could not get myself just right in the seat, have you tried the 10-way seats to see if you can as if you're happy with them then I would stick with the 10-way seats as the extra money as stated above can be spent else where.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I think the 10 way seats are great. I haven't had any issue getting comfortable. The back support is pretty good even without lumbar. I'm young and don't have any back pain though. Others may be more sensitive.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Joe said:
One correction, the 18 way do. have lumbar.
18 way seats are the same as 20 way except for electric headrest, as I understand it you have to have the 18 way with rear seat entertainment and can't have them on their own, hence the lack of electric headrest, on either option lumbar counts as 4 of the ways

1 - 8 of 8 Posts