Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Soon after taking delivery of my P250 i noticed a paint issue on the rear bumper panel, i posted about this previous, after taking the car back to the detailer they in turn spoke to JLR who authorised the repair of the panel.

The car was then booked in to get this done and the several software glitches that i had experienced in the first month or so of ownership, again ive posted previous about this.

I was given a P380 HSE as a loan car and sent on my way, expecting to get my car back in a few days, sadly this didnt happen the paintwork was complete within a few days but the software glitches took much longer, fortunately i had videod the issues and this really helped the JLR tech team in fixing the problems, many of the issues have been experienced on here so i suggest anyone with Touch Control problems to contact thier dealers to see if there is now an fix, ive only had the car back a day but upto now all the previous niggles seem to have gone i havent yet tested the iphone usb or spotify via USB issues yet though, i also reported that the car felt a little indecisive in selecting gears expspecially on changes of incline ie going form a flat road truning up a steep hill, the tech experinced this during a test drive with me and said he felt the car was pushed from the rear drive before the forward drive kicked in.

Since receiving the car back is seems far more balanced and smooth im not certain if they made alterations to the engine / gearbox software but if definately feels like they have.

Lastly the P380 HSE, when i first got in and drove this i was a little worried id made the wrong choice with the P250 SE but, after having it over 2 weeks im more than happy with my choice, the P380 HSE is a lovely car BUT in my opion not worth the difference, the fuel economy was massively different form the P250 for the kind of trips i do, and although the massage seats with 20 way adjustment are nice i dont feel they are worth the extra costs, when i specked my car i was torn on whether to add the HUD as i had this on my previous 2 cars, im not glad i didnt add this option £1000 the P380 HSE had it and yes it quite nice and convenient the adjustable driver display gives you all the functionality just a few cm lower.

In summary after having the P380 HSE a couple of weeks i am made up with my choice of the P250 SE, i has all the toys i need or want, in my opinion the drive is much more refined and balanced the P380 is wanting you to drive it hard, you drive it hard and watch the fuel guage drop, i feel the ride of the P250 on springs with 20"s is far better that the P380 on air with 21's.

Id say save yourself a lot of money and go with the P250 SE.

Anyone with the touch pro issues contact your dealers.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Thanks, great to read your review having gone for the 250 myself.

I dont like air suspension as feel sea sick so good to hear about coils

Looking forward to picking up mine next week!

Havent driven a 250 yet so all news for me 👍

·
Registered
482 Posts
Thanks for the review. Interesting and worthwhile for us all in our decision making processes.

Arianne

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.