Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Wondering if anyone has seen any actual pics or youtube clips of a Velar with the 20" 10 Spoke style 1032 Diamond Turned finish wheels.
I have ordered a P300 HSE (in Melb Australia), no idea yet when its going to be built - apparently only First Editions and Diesels and possibly some P380 engined vehicles are likely to be delivered in 2017 to Australia. Seems I'm likely to be looking at 2018 before seeing my vehicle :-(
Unfashionably, I'm actually not keen on the 22" wheels (because the tyres you get are VERY low profile, and I suspect low wear) - also unfashionably, I'm not keen on dark satin or even worse gloss black wheels, and (yes I'm picky...lol) because I also dont like the HSE standard 21" 5 split spoke style 5047, even the ones with the diamond turned finish.
Ive only been able to seethe 20" style 1032 diamond turned finish wheels on the configurator- since it seems my order is nowhere near being allocated a build date yet.....I'm passing the long wait, second, third and fourth guessing my configuration!! - and reading this forum and scanning youtube for clips of the lucky customers in the upper hemisphere who seem to be very close to getting their cars!
Cheers guys

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hi!

I saw the wheels you mention on a Velar at the Solihull factory yesterday.

I've ordered the 22" diamond turned which I think are fantastic but my second choice would definitely be the ones you have picked out. They look great and definitely head and shoulders over other types.

The 21s in satin finish, for me, aren't as good. Too dark and don't really allow a decent contrast with body trim colour. Similarly, the other 22s are too light and also in my view, not great.

It all depends on your personal view of course.

I think the Velar is inherently designed to mix colours and trims to bring out its visual features in the best way.

However, the most striking thing about viewing heaps of Velars together as I did yesterday at the factory is how varied they are - not just colours and wheels, but body colour or black roofs, black packs, rails or not rails, grill, RR lettering and variant details in light silver on dark models and dark grey on lighter coloured models.

For sure, there will be very few Velars pulling along side one another at traffic lights that are identical.

That's what makes this car rather fun!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
For me it's not just what the car looks like but it's more important how it drives.
Having made the mistake of "big" wheels in the past it really can spoil the ride. 20" is a good compromise with a 50 profile tyre particularly in the U.K.
I've gone for a D300 with 20" as the car will also go off road too.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
19 Posts
first 250 km for me with 20' satyn gray wheels and d240
car have pnevmatic suspension and I woried a bit before that 20' will not look good but they look very very good on this car with corrys gray colour.
not know how to put pictures here but after back Friday at home will try.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.