Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 360 camera on my 2018 Velar is messed up. I noticed the stitching looked very odd. I went into the Cameras app and viewed each camera individually, narrowing it down to the camera in the passenger side mirror. Instead of looking forward towards the front fender/wheel it appears to be looking backward to the right. I updated the software to 19C, but that didn't fix anything. Is this a hardware issue?

I know, take it to the dealer, get it fixed under warranty, but I don't have a JLR dealer nearby, so if there's something I can do to address it myself I'd love to know. Pics attached.

·
Registered
165 Posts
By chance do you have the mirrors folded in? We get a similarly distorted view in our garage, but that's because our old home has a narrow single car garage door and we retract the mirrors as we pull in.

Out in the wild with the mirrors extended, the 360 view looks fine for us.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I had this exact issue on the left side camera
They replaced it, after 1 whole day 'investigating'

Make sure you not only explain it to the service agent, but show him
The clowns called me to say they couldn't find the issue, they just put it in reverse and were looking at the rear camera after I spent 10mins explaining to the service guy that it was the side camera, I had to literally walk them through it over the phone again

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pollo de muerte said:
By chance do you have the mirrors folded in? We get a similarly distorted view in our garage, but that's because our old home has a narrow single car garage door and we retract the mirrors as we pull in.

Out in the wild with the mirrors extended, the 360 view looks fine for us.
Nope, I did check that. Mirror is fully-extended.

Thanks all for the input. Glad to hear others have seen this before. Hopefully it's a simple fix.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Barachus said:
I just noticed you don't have a grey box around your car in 360 view
What software version are you on?
19C. It had 19A, and I noticed a few things seem to be missing after the update, though I didn't notice a grey box before?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BootneckShuffle said:
I'm on 19c and have the box
Do you have a pic of it? Maybe it's a setting?

Actually, I think I know what you're talking about... instead of showing the body lines the car is basically super-imposed over a grey rectangle, right? Almost as if my view has more detail somehow? I have seen that behavior on other 360 cameras in other vehicles.

·
Registered
161 Posts
G'day all - I've got camera issues too...booked in for March! blacked out boxes on mine! :( - and just to add the wife's only gone & curbed 2 of the driver's side! - yes blaming the lack of cameras! - soz for pic quality - the site seems picky about what can be uploaded...

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
My car was 100% fine , suddenly the camera on right side mirror is not working properly.
It's seems that it have the same issue !! not working as it supposed to be..
Any updates / solutions :( ?
I purchased my car form Canada and i'm not living there, and the warranty is valid in Canada only!
Any suggestions/ what to do?

·
Registered
Velar P550 SV AutoBiography
10 Posts
Morning guys

So my P550 has just done this on the drivers camera (LHD) IT has done a Marty Feldman and is now pointing off at an angle. I suppose this is a boring trip to the dealer here in Dubai "sigh" More wasted time..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts