Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning,
Been advised by several dealers that the 360 camera is unavailable due to ‘chip shortages’. But it is available on the newly announced Range Rover?
Does anybody have any solid information on what’s going on with such options?
Surely shortages will affect all models?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Very confusing. LR Configurator (just a minute ago) shows 3D/360 camera and HUD available to order. Maybe they think all will be well as it takes so long to build?
Maybe Dealers have out of date news and maybe , at this moment, the Chinese factory has started shipping again?
I'd consult JLR direct from their website.

Why is it available on the £100k FFRR? Ummm... flagship, expensive etc. ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very confusing. LR Configurator (just a minute ago) shows 3D/360 camera and HUD available to order. Maybe they think all will be well as it takes so long to build?
Maybe Dealers have out of date news and maybe , at this moment, the Chinese factory has started shipping again?
I'd consult JLR direct from their website.

Why is it available on the £100k FFRR? Ummm... flagship, expensive etc. ?
it’s always been on the configurator, but they will not accept any orders that contain this particular option.
Flagship model or not, it will be recipe for losing customers

·
Registered
228 Posts
Was told by dealer that it is hugely costly to change configurator and they try and only do it at MY change. It is so variable at moment with options, they are relying on dealers informing customers which options are available or not. Sometimes, as happened with me, the configured order is rejected when order submitted to JLR and dealer/customer has to removed options.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Contacted my dealer to add the Air purifier option onto my Velar build, but was informed this option is not available currently on any model. If I wish to go ahead with the option then be prepared to possibly delay delivery up to 1 to 2 years !. I thought it wise not to proceed with the add on option and therefore keep my original build spec. Why do they still show the option when its not available ?
Is this the case or have I been fobbed off by my landrover dealer ?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Contacted my dealer to add the Air purifier option onto my Velar build, but was informed this option is not available currently on any model. If I wish to go ahead with the option then be prepared to possibly delay delivery up to 1 to 2 years !. I thought it wise not to proceed with the add on option and therefore keep my original build spec. Why do they still show the option when its not available ?
Is this the case or have I been fobbed off by my landrover dealer ?
See above post!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Was told by dealer that it is hugely costly to change configurator and they try and only do it at MY change. It is so variable at moment with options, they are relying on dealers informing customers which options are available or not. Sometimes, as happened with me, the configured order is rejected when order submitted to JLR and dealer/customer has to removed options.
Apologies not shooting the messenger - but I find that as BS from JLR to be honest, it’s more like lure the customer in and then when they are invested in the product then tell them. I don’t think changing the configurator will cost as much as they say and even if it does, then they need to do it to avoid misleading their customers.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Regarding the missing options on new Velars. I ordered a P400HSE a year ago and the planned delivery is medio march this year. I was visiting the dealer today to ask about potential missing options like idd and 360 camera. He told me that they're not informed from the factory either about these things. The cars just show up with or without the options on the order sheet. He showed me an new P400e HSE that only came with a rear camera and no 360, even if it wes a HSE spec. It also came with a HUD, that was not on the order sheet....
He tought the factory just placed/cancelled equipment "willy nilly" depending on the availibility of microchips that day (when the car is assembled). Im dreading to get a get a low spec "HSE" for the cost of an HSE....

·
Registered
21 Posts
That's interesting as my dealer has told me what I will and won't be getting on mine (I've also ordered a P400e R-Dynamic HSE). My build date is this Friday so it'll be interesting to see if it comes with what I'm expecting!

·
Registered
30 Posts
That's interesting as my dealer has told me what I will and won't be getting on mine (I've also ordered a P400e R-Dynamic HSE). My build date is this Friday so it'll be interesting to see if it comes with what I'm expecting!
Let us know when it arrives then. 😎

Reactions: Kec89

·
Registered
112 Posts
My dealer told me everything. Could be a lazy dealer? ! I work in supply chain, and unless this is being run by Bob the builder (possible based on past messages!), you don’t just chuck parts on that turn up that day, it has some element of planning to it. Imo those parts will all be allocated up front.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I think that once build date is committed the Vista will be very accurate and the final product as per that sheet. Mine certainly was!

Reactions: Kec89

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just went in to finalise my build at the weekend for my p400e velar and it gets to the final stage of negotiation and informs me that I have to remove pretty much every add on option I chose due to semiconductor shortage, seems to be if you want a standard spec car at the moment you can but some options have been paused. Very disappointed and had to leave, im not buying a JLR without its tech!

Regarding the new Range Rover he said some customers have now been told they will have to wait 2 years for that build just because they can't keep up with the demand, not semiconductor shortage.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts