1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
112 Posts
I agree it's a fair review. I've had my Velar first edition for exactly a week. I sort of disagree with the author about the touch pro duo system. I think it is a bit overwhelming for someone going on a test drive but after a few days I know where everything is and can navigate it very quickly. Some of the customization settings are several swipes and taps away but you really wouldn't be adjusting those things while driving. The main things are easy to get to. I really like it and I think Tesla owners love their touchscreen as well (I have no proof here). My only complaint is some lag when trying to activate cameras. I do think there are areas that can be improved and they will get it right. It usually takes a few iterations even for mobile apps. With each model year they will polish it. I'd say it's a good start though.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I love my velar, but this is a silly review!!! He speaks how great is the technology in the Velar (a little too much) then he mentioned this cutting age technology by boasting about having no knobs, heads-up display and shiny screens. Silly silly silly!!! The new velar has way more technology to offer than this review mentions.
the whole review just sounds like a cheap advertisement. Silly.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@ velarios & @andrewhargreaves : It's quite reassurring for those like me [who are still waiting for their Velar to be delivered] to read both of your comments. yes Velarios it's clear that a journalist reviewing a car does not spend enough time driving the car to get used to all the touchscreen parameters. and yes andrewhargreaves: this review might just be a fake advertising + it's good to read from an owner that the Velar has so much moire to offer. having said that, I felt the review pays a good tribute to the 2 key strengths of the Velar IMHO : the car design and the driving experience.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I also disagree with the touch pro duo in the review. I test drove the Velar twice for about 5h in total and had absolutely no problems with distractions. Most adjustments are done while standing and everything I needed to change during driving was ether on the two controllers or on the steering wheel buttons. The only thing I agree with is the fact of the missing haptic feedback. After smartphones showed the direction to go JLR could had adapted this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.