Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I'm considering the "Active Rear Locking Differential" option and being new to Land Rover/Range Rover inquire from those who have had it before whether it is a worthy option. To give some background I have ordered 300D R Dynamic SE with 21 inch wheels and occasionally ride off road on jeep tracks (+- 4 times a year) through wild life parks etc and once a year along a small stretch of beach.

Thank you.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Gives a little more stability and control, on road particularly cornering, off road all situations. Definitely better with than without, especially for resale in your area.
Did LR Experience this week, notable how essential cameras are, with Velar's lower seating even slight inclines become blind spots.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I have it as standard on the FE and have driven a D300 without it - IMHO a huge difference in handling of the car if you are a keen driver. For a school bus kind of car to be doing school runs I would not bother :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Any technical feedback here? I hear it's a redundant system w the torque vectoring. I have 4 hours to decide yay or nay. Has anyone heard directly from Land Rover what this feature adds specifically over stock version?

@velarman - when you say huge difference in handling, what specifically do you mean?

thx!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.