Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
RR issued an update for the remote App which said it now supports Ad Blu levels. I did the update, found it didn't do challenged RR customer service who told me the Velar is not supported.
Most disappointing for a brand new model.
I'm assured the car will give adequate warning.
My Ad Blu reservoir was over filled and the cap not tightened on delivery so I ended up with white streaks, but no damage to the paintwork.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just to touch on this my adblue is low approx 500 miles left. I have only done 6200.

On the "free with service plan" note. It is only free if you book in with the servicing department. And it will take a while to fill. I didn't book in and turned up thinking it was free. They charged me £29.99 for two bottles.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I was between 5-6k before warning came up asking for 12 litres. I've just done my 2nd Adblue at 11k which again 12litres.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My D300 needed a refill at 5,150 miles. The dash warning told me starting the car would be disabled in 200 miles if it wasn't filled, although it needed 14 litres, not the full 17 capacity.

·
Registered
50 Posts
LeeVelar said:
Just to touch on this my adblue is low approx 500 miles left. I have only done 6200.

On the "free with service plan" note. It is only free if you book in with the servicing department. And it will take a while to fill. I didn't book in and turned up thinking it was free. They charged me £29.99 for two bottles.
10 ltrs for £15 in Halfords. This has been fine for my Evoque

·
Registered
858 Posts
As emission regulations get tighter diesel cars will drink more and more adblue.

My EU6 D4 had a range of 17,000 miles and still had 11,000 left come first service but my D5 only had a range of about 6,500 miles.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Havnt checked my consumption. May have a look later

·
Registered
575 Posts
The car will warn you when Ad Blue is getting low. You can check the level in vehicle settings on the dashboard.
You can do it yourself, but if you have a service plan, Ad Blue topups are included for 5 years.

·
Registered
80 Posts
MikeJL said:
The car will warn you when Ad Blue is getting low. You can check the level in vehicle settings on the dashboard.
You can do it yourself, but if you have a service plan, Ad Blue topups are included for 5 years.
👍 I'm guessing you fill it up in the bit next to where the fuel goes. I didn't bother with a service plan as the intervals are quite long and I may change the car after 3 years.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Yes, Ad Blue filler is adjacent to fuel filler.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Pat27 said:
On the subject of Adblue can you top up prior to the warning light coming on ?
Yes, but system gives you plenty of warnings before it runs out . Can't think of any advantages to keeping the Ad Blue tank filled, but don't let it get to empty or your engine won't start.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I had a warning saying approx 900miles and have covered over 6200 miles. So all in all looking at about 7000miles give or take on a full tank of AdBlu.

Most of my driving has been on fast roads/motorways.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts