·
Registered
17 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Kieran said:
Hi Joe,
According to p.36 of the UK brochure (online) they are only available with Matrix and Matrix-Laser LED headlights (so standard on the SE and above), optional on the S and standard.
https://lrdxforms.landrover.com/lr-gb-en/servlet/SmartForm.html?formCode=lr-bd2-gb-en&nameplate=RangeRoverVelar&_ga=2.102188935.704476899.1508315848-178895865.1505127803
This doesn't apply to you fine folks in the UK, but it's not standard (nor an option) on US-variants of the SE (like mine :cry:) or any Velar. So far the assumption is there's regulations against it, which seems silly to me. Other countries may also be affected, so to others reading this, make sure to check with your dealer.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not sure this answers my question. The brochure does not state the cure light function explicitly. Do the Matrix LED headlights include the curve lightning function? Can anyone who has this lights confirm it first hand?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Joe,
When cornering using dipped beam, the Adaptive Front lighting System (AFS) adjusts the headlight beams to provide improved illumination in the direction of travel. It doesn't actually "curve" the light beam. And it is only available if your car has the Matrix LED or Matrix-Laser LED lights, not the LED or Premium LED lights.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Kieran and Omar1,

thank you very much, your answers cleared it up for me!

I was looking at the German brochure and there was no word about the Static Cornering Light. It seems to be lost in translation. The German translation names it "Adaptive Scheinwerfer" what means adaptive light. So I ordered the right light -> MATRIX-LED.
With our current BMW the light points with the steering direction, so you can turn the steering wheel and see it point from right to left.
Rectangle Font Parallel Pattern Slope

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
KRG said:
I want Matrix lights ;(

Stupid US regulations.
Me too!!! ugh

Stupid Canada, always following behind stupid US regulations! :p :?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.