Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hello

Is there any way to turn these adaptive speed limiter on as the default option?

It seems that each time the ignition is turned off the vehicle defaults back to the manual speed limiter setting and you have to go back thorough the driver assistance menu to switch it back to adaptive.

Similarly, the speed warning setting appears to reset each time too and needs to be turned on manually.

Thanks

·
Registered
572 Posts
You can turn on the adaptive speed limiter by pressing and holding the button on the steering wheel, which is a little easier than going through the menus. Don't think you can default it to be on all the time.
Not sure what you mean by "speed warning setting".

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks for your reply.

What I meant by speed warning setting is the alert where you are exceeding the speed limit. The speed limit symbol flashes when you exceed the speed limit of the road and you can set the tolerance to +5mph or + 10mph (or off). Seems this resets itself every time?

·
Registered
572 Posts
Che_Grimandi said:
Thanks for your reply.

What I meant by speed warning setting is the alert where you are exceeding the speed limit. The speed limit symbol flashes when you exceed the speed limit of the road and you can set the tolerance to +5mph or + 10mph (or off). Seems this resets itself every time?
Had my Velar for nearly a year & never noticed this!

Ignore my earlier post regarding using the steering wheel button. I was sure it worked but doesn't now. (I gave up using the Adaptive Speed Limiter as it used to pick up 20 limits from side roads as I past by & then complained that I was going too fast).

After a couple of hours off, Mine has remembered the speed warning setting but not ASL..

·
Registered
572 Posts
Che_Grimandi said:
The manual suggests turning on the speed limiter and then holding cancel turns it into the adaptive speed limiter. I will try it out tomorrow.
That's it! I knew you had to hold something.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Che_Grimandi said:
The manual suggests turning on the speed limiter and then holding cancel turns it into the adaptive speed limiter. I will try it out tomorrow.
Yup. Hold it for 2/3 seconds and the limiter changes to adaptive on the dash. It still doesn't actually "activate" until you press the "+" button on the wheel. If you press the + button again hen you can set the limit to by a couple of miles up or down on the recognized speed limit.

I love this feature - use it all the time. In the habit now of setting it every time I start the car to be 2mph over the speed limit. Only improvement would be to able to set this up as a default.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Che_Grimandi said:
Hello

Is there any way to turn these adaptive speed limiter on as the default option?

It seems that each time the ignition is turned off the vehicle defaults back to the manual speed limiter setting and you have to go back thorough the driver assistance menu to switch it back to adaptive.

Similarly, the speed warning setting appears to reset each time too and needs to be turned on manually.

Thanks
If you use the menu button on the steering wheel and go to driver assistance menu you can turn on adaptive speed limiter there and it will then be the default even after turning engine off.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.