Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
When one of the Velar's was at my local showroom last week, I asked the questions about air suspension to one of the LR's engineer. He said LR target air suspension to people who tow / go regularly on long motorway journeys, so therefore those type of buyers choose diesels engines. He then went on to mention the suspension for the P250 suited a more dynamic driving style and is great around urban areas.

·
Registered
171 Posts
GEE said:
When one of the Velar's was at my local showroom last week, I asked the questions about air suspension to one of the LR's engineer. He said LR target air suspension to people who tow / go regularly on long motorway journeys, so therefore those type of buyers choose diesels engines. He then went on to mention the suspension for the P250 suited a more dynamic driving style and is great around urban areas.
Agree i had the similar conversation at Harwoods Lewes with the velar guys and they said that the P250 would not be a car used for towing more for driving and as such they deemed air suspension was not required as anyone who tows regularly would choose the larger diesel engine.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I find it a bit strange that air suspension isn't an option on all engines. It's a Range Rover after all and supposed to have significant off road capability compared to other SUVs. An additional 5cm offroad height would seem sensible across the whole Velar range. I know that the Evoque and Discovery Sport are pretty capable off road without air suspension but it seems strange to fit some of the Velar range with this, and others without.

I know most Velar's won't do more than drive across a field for a county show or school fete but ....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.