Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

does anyone know how to adjust the headlights?
I am not talking about self-leveling - that works. But my left headlight is pointing higher than my right headlight
I brought it to the dealer and they said that it's "within specs" but I can see see that my left headlight is blinding oncoming traffic
So I'll just do it myself.

Thanks

·
Registered
425 Posts
Any chance that they are set for the wrong ’Driving Side’ - apologies if this is a bit silly but just In case !
Font Number Screenshot Document Circle

·
Registered
MY21 Velar Edition D200 MHEV Santorini Black
76 Posts
Thanks, but yeah that's the first thing I checked. The setting is correct.
Park the car facing a dark wall. Open the bonet. Looking down above each headlight cluster you will see 2 white plastic screw heads (see attached pictures) All you need is a Philips screw driver and you can adjust the beam to your desired angle by turning left or right whilst observing the level on the wall as you adjust. Havent had to do it on the Velar but all LED lights have the adjustments. Had to tinker with it on another car as dipped beam angle was a bit high causing people to flash me. One should be for up/down other for left/right.
Automotive tire Hood Fluid Automotive lighting Grey

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior
Automotive tire Hood Fluid Automotive lighting Grey
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior

·
Registered
116 Posts
As anyone else had to adjust there LED dipbeam? Mine seems to have gotten higher over the years & i think needs adjusting down.

I thought the headlights run a self calibration up&down on every startup, but i still think the beam as slowly worked it's way up over the years.

·
Registered
116 Posts
So after doing some research into the the Velar's headlamps.
I've found that yes the "complete inner" headlamp unit does self adjusts / compensates up&down for the suspension height & vehicle loading, this is done via the body control module using a electronic actuator motor within the headlamp unit. (See document below)

But there also is a manual height adjustment of the AFS (adaptive front-lighting system) using the white adjuster screw on the back of each headlamp unit (y)

Anti-clockwise = Downwards adjustment
Clockwise = Upwards adjustment

The white adjuster screw manually adjusts the starting datum point of the AFS actuator.

Hope this helps anyone with excessively high dipbeam to fix the issue.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Font Screenshot Number Document Parallel

Reactions: JDPRRUK
1 - 6 of 6 Posts