Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is currently with quicksilver exhausts where they used my car to prototype a Bolt on system for the velar. Getting my car back on Monday will update with my thoughts.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hey there, any update to the Quicksilver exhaust system?
I have a P380 right now and I hate how it basically sounds like a Toyota Corolla SE. So unexciting... JLR could have done something more with the exhaust sound.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well they did create an exhaust for me but since my is the D300 which is very unlike the P380 in terms of design you might have to contact quicksilver. They should have a template should it should be very easy for them to knock out an exhaust for you. If you give them a call or email, mention Marc with the matte velar.

·
Registered
843 Posts
*bump*

Anyone with a P380 (or any engine) do an aftermarket exhaust yet?

Would love to hear how the D300 sounds with your upgrade, Marc.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
P380NarvikEclipse said:
*bump*

Anyone with a P380 (or any engine) do an aftermarket exhaust yet?

It sounds more like a jet engine now lol when you floor it. Ill try and record it. It is basically a muffler delete. Of course the v6 petrol will sound completely different. Try googling P380 F Pace muffler delete.

·
Registered
134 Posts
mge.92 said:
P380NarvikEclipse said:
*bump*

It sounds more like a jet engine now lol when you floor it. Ill try and record it. It is basically a muffler delete. Of course the v6 petrol will sound completely different. Try googling P380 F Pace muffler delete.
Would also love to here the D300 "jet engine" lol, when I do eventually get mine might consider it, only doubts I have will how would it effect the warranty? Last thing I'd like to here would be "sorry sir, but as you've modified it and the exhaust is connected to the engine you are not covered for the snapped crank you have ?

·
Registered
843 Posts
mge.92 said:
P380NarvikEclipse said:
*bump*

Haha, now that sounds enticing compared to my tin can noise currently :) share a recording when you can! Found an F Pace with the Quicksilver exhaust, and sounded pretty nice.

Nowaytk said:
Very good point. Not sure how JLR looks at after market exhaust as it relates to warranty. Would not want to jeopardize that! Any idea Marc et al?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
P380NarvikEclipse said:
mge.92 said:
P380NarvikEclipse said:
*bump*

Haha, now that sounds enticing compared to my tin can noise currently :) share a recording when you can! Found an F Pace with the Quicksilver exhaust, and sounded pretty nice.

Nowaytk said:
Very good point. Not sure how JLR looks at after market exhaust as it relates to warranty. Would not want to jeopardize that! Any idea Marc et al?

Exhaust should have no effect on your warranty. It is at the end of the system and has no effect on any other part except noise. If you touched anything like the DPF or Cats then there might be an issue but if your dealership is reasonable they will most likely tell you to put the parts back to stock and then they can replace the part that failed under warranty.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nowaytk said:
mge.92 said:
P380NarvikEclipse said:
*bump*

Would also love to here the D300 "jet engine" lol, when I do eventually get mine might consider it, only doubts I have will how would it effect the warranty? Last thing I'd like to here would be "sorry sir, but as you've modified it and the exhaust is connected to the engine you are not covered for the snapped crank you have ?
Saw that you are in London. If you ever want to meet up and hear it in person let me know.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
843 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
P380NarvikEclipse said:
carlos9321 said:
I have the Quicksilver Exhaust for my P380. But the rasonance make me feel uncomfortable.
Can you share a recording? Interested in this.

Edit: Quicksilver has a video on their page now. Sounds much more aggressive if that's what you're after. How's the cabin noise when normal driving?

https://quicksilverexhausts.store/products/range-rover-velar-p380-sport-rear-sections-2017-on
Love that this is finally available. I wonder who in Toronto is going to have it.
Anyway, I'm new to the whole muffler modification game, so I'm curious:

• Does having this cause any troubles with the dealership lease?
  • How does the sound in cabin work? Does it "turn on" when I switch it to Sports or Dynamic mode and stay lacklustre (the current way) when I'm in regular Comfort or Eco modes? lol Every now and then I have my 4 yr old in the back so I wanted to make sure...

Thanks!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Devilish said:
P380NarvikEclipse said:
carlos9321 said:
I have the Quicksilver Exhaust for my P380. But the rasonance make me feel uncomfortable.
Can you share a recording? Interested in this.

Edit: Quicksilver has a video on their page now. Sounds much more aggressive if that's what you're after. How's the cabin noise when normal driving?

https://quicksilverexhausts.store/products/range-rover-velar-p380-sport-rear-sections-2017-on
Love that this is finally available. I wonder who in Toronto is going to have it.
Anyway, I'm new to the whole muffler modification game, so I'm curious:

• Does having this cause any troubles with the dealership lease?
  • How does the sound in cabin work? Does it "turn on" when I switch it to Sports or Dynamic mode and stay lacklustre (the current way) when I'm in regular Comfort or Eco modes? lol Every now and then I have my 4 yr old in the back so I wanted to make sure...

Thanks!
I am in Vancouver BC and have this quicksilver p380 exahust on route... order it through your Land Rover quicksilver authorized dealer, and not direct, it was cheaper and the shipping is days, not weeks to a month, and they handle the import/duties costs. Total came out to $1370 cdn all in including 3-4 day shipping and customs/duties. Can't wait to get it installed as the velar needs some soul when it comes to the exhaust note. It has the v6 supercharged motor from the F pace/F type, it has the ability to sound a heck of a lot better.

Attachments

·
Registered
843 Posts
Had no idea the dealer can help order and expedite aftermarket parts. Going in for service next month and will have to inquire.

Let us know how it goes after install! The cabin noise under normal driving is my biggest hesitation, but otherwise would love to have more throat under acceleration.

@Devilish - there are "active" exhaust systems that provide control like you describe, none for the Velar that I've heard of yet though. The quicksilver is always "on." There are also fake exhaust systems that simply produce the noise via a switch and speaker without the exhaust changing. Those are not very popular amongst enthusiasts for obvious reasons though :lol:

·
Registered
90 Posts
I see Quicksilver in the UK do rear sections for the P380 and D300- I wonder whether they have suitables rear sections for a D180. Appreciate the standard exhaust rear sections are different on a D180 but would be great to get a better exhaust note.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts