Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed an aftermarket combined amp/sub in the car that I can easily remove and reinstate when required. As it was a detailed learning process during the installation, I thought I would share the final setup for anyone that is thinking about doing the same.

The unit I installed is the Rockford Fosgate P300-12T. It has an inbuilt amp so only requires power and audio connection. It has velcro strips that hold well to the floor, so it stays put.
Output device Audio equipment Loudspeaker Electronic device Circle
Studio monitor Car subwoofer Sound box Electronic instrument Audio equipment

The power connects directly to the battery (+) and the ground connection is on the left hand side under the floor (-).
After wasting hours online I went through the Workshop Manual (Wiring) and we decided that for the audio input we could tap into the original sub cables, which also meant the OEM sub remained connected and functioned normally. Therefore we were adding more bass rather than replacing it. When you disconnect the sub, it sounds like factory.

Initially it was a mission to workout, but once we worked it out it was so simple. To save you all a lot of time here is the location. Please note the wiring colour extract from the workshop manual lis not different for either the 11, 17 or 23 speaker system.

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Trunk
Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Electric blue

Hope this was helpful and happy to answer any questions you may have.

·
Registered
376 Posts
What difference did this make to overall sound of the system? I recently sold my Velar but I was very underwhelmed by the Meridian system.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Much more than I expected. I find that the factory setup lowers the bass as you turn up the volume to prevent distortion.
As the new sub delivers so much more, I can turn the bass down on the screen and releave the factory speakers. That makes a huge difference the higher you put the volume.
Quality overall is better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts