Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there is a permanent way of turning the internal alarm sensors off. My dog travels in the back frequently and sets the alarm off if I’ve forgotten to turn the sensors off manually.
Looking to be able to disable them until such time as I want them on - from what I can see the only option is to disssable them before switching th ignition off each time.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Mine don’t activate unless I deadlock the doors by double-clicking the key fob or door button. As fr as I know this is (was) standard behaviour (in UK at least)

Reactions: Meinwales

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Mike,
Thanks for this, simple solution I’d not thought of. Will give it try later with the dog in the car.
Cheers
Simon

·
Registered
243 Posts
Just lock the doors with a single click or hitting the handle button. This won't activate the internal sensors. Double click when you need more secure locking with sensors.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Hi Mike,
Thanks for this, simple solution I’d not thought of. Will give it try later with the dog in the car.
Cheers
Simon
Welcome, I went through the rigmarole of disabling the internal sensors each time for a while, before I discovered this.

Reactions: Meinwales

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tried the single button press and alarm still goes off with movement inside the car .. any further thoughts anyone … please!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Tried the single button press and alarm still goes off with movement inside the car .. any further thoughts anyone … please!
The iGuide confirms the earlier post - internal sensors are only armed with the second button push - confirmation by indicators flashing twice. If yours is arming the interior sensors after only one push then something is wrong. I suggest you turn off the sensors the manually and ensure that works before speaking with dealer.
Font Screenshot Number Document

1 - 7 of 7 Posts