Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today (see https://www.velarforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=156) I went to the dealer, not really planned, to look at my car. However, I couldn't turn down the offer to make a little trip in the D300 SE R-Dynamic (Corris Grey).

Only a few impressions, handling is very solid. The interior build quality is good, very good compared to my Evoque (gaps, look and feel etc). The infotainment and dash displays are very very sharp ... The exterior build quality (tolerances etc) seemed okay and again much better then my Evoque.

My current car is an Evoque (early 2012) SI4 Prestige with Adaptive Suspension. Somehow while driving in the Velar I didn't get the feeling I was driving in a big car (compared to my Evoque), driving, was nimble, steering sharp but with a little bit less feeling in the steering department in comparison to my Evoque (20" wheels).

The 700nm torque diesel delivered the power smoothly in such a way that the speedometer needs to be monitored frequently because one doesn't get the feeling that he or she is speeding. Engine noise was almost absent in the interior.

In the Dynamic/Sport mode I tried to change lanes quickly (and back), I noticed more body roll then in my Evoque. Speedbumps are no problem for the Velar with air suspension :) . On the highway some $%@ changed lanes without indication, the following break test also gave confidence in fast but smooth breaking. Compared to the Evoque, somewhat less "bite".

The first impressions are really good, and the ride, on all kind of road types felt very comfortable. I think the Velar is more comfort orientated then sport (we have the F-Pace for that).

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Today I've seen a F-Pace in that colour, looks good ... towards black. I think the Velar looks even better in Carpathian (with all the little design things going one).

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just remembered from my testdrive, Command Shift (using the paddles) wasn't possible in the D(rive) mode, off course it was possible in the S(port) modus. I don't know if this common among new Range Rovers since I can use Command Shift in D-mode in my Evoque.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Yeah, that's the satin grey. The picture is obviously very low light though...they won't look black in person. Even Corris Grey looks much darker in that picture than it actually is.

·
Registered
421 Posts
garymontague said:
Thanks - thought that might be the case. I've gone for Carpathian Grey and I'm eager to see a Velar in that colour.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Here is a Carpathian Grey which I have ordered as well !

·
Registered
421 Posts
if I am not mistaken it is the 21" wheels

·
Registered
421 Posts
if I am not mistaken it is the 21" wheels

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.