Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Joined
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

I'm wondering if anyone has had a similar experience, or if anyone has any advice.

I ordered on 12/04/17. I was informed last week that lock in would be today 19/07/17 with delivery 14/10/17.

I decided to Change from S to SE and sent the PDF of the build as requested. This was done on 17/07/17. I got an out of office response advising the salesman would be back today.

At 5pm today, I received an email from him advising that whilst he's been off, the delivery date has been brought forward to 20/09/17 and my order cannot be changed. If I still want the changes, I need to go back into the holding pool! No indication of how long the wait now is.

I'm fuming. Surely someone should've updated me on the change of delivery date in his absense?

Has anyone had this happen? Is there no way of updating the order when lock in was advised today and I've not been told otherwise? 馃槨
 

Registered
Joined
101 Posts
Luckily I have no experience with this. My Dutch dealer kept me in the loop about the last date changes could be made. This is the relevant date to know and the date your dealer should have communicated (he did) ... and should acted on when changes should be requested (which he did not).

In other words, it's up to him to solve it, it's not your problem other then this production slot (and delivery date) is probably gone for you. Your dealer has just bought a demo/stock S version Velar if you ask me.
 

Registered
Joined
177 Posts
You could always ditch the dealer and go to another.... There are normally multiple options.

But, like any relationship, you would be wise to "court" the next dealer before ditching the existing one.... :D
 

Registered
Joined
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Basically was told the order cannot be changed despite me sending the new spec before lock in. No responsibility taken for the poor customer service and no one bothering to notify me of date changes etc.

So after complaining, I was given the choice of taking delivery in September of my previous spec, or wait until November delivery and get what I want.

I still think the customer service leaves a lot to be desired but seeing as the original delivery was going to be October, I will wait a few more weeks and get the spec I really want.
 

Registered
Joined
125 Posts
I ordered a Velar FE before the car was announced in March. I placed a 拢1000 fully returnable deposit. I received an email from the dealer confirming this. I added no options except Tracker. This was acknowledged. I signed nothing; and still haven't. I did not visit the dealer. No one called for months or emailed. About 3 weeks ago I was told the car could be delivered to me on 4 September. Was that convenient I was asked. I said yes but I wanted to test drive it, when that was possible. I am doing this on 5 August.

I was never asked to "lock-in" anything. I have made it clear that the test drive will be confirmation that I want the car. If I dont like it I won't take it.

As I said, I haven't signed anything. The deposit is returnable. I have no "relationship" with the dealer. No legally binding agreement. I am just a client; he is the "shop keeper".
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top