Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm very interested in a P300 but seems trying to find someone who has actually driven one is proving difficult. Has anyone collected a P300 yet and can tell me what they think. Would be particularly interested if someone has one what there actual MPG is especially around town.

Omar

·
Registered
98 Posts
Ive had one ordered since first announced in June 2017, last month was told my build date is 8 December, and expected delivery to me (in Melbourne Australia) in March 2018. As best I can work out, mine will be one of the first to be built..... I've also been looking for any motoring reviews or blogs / youtube clips on that model, but havent found any yet.

·
Registered
58 Posts
We will collect our first one later this week (it's already at the dealer since the middle of November, but it gave us a bit of headache to get it financed - among the first one Velars in the country). This one will be grey with blue seats.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sebajfobias said:
We will collect our first one later this week (it's already at the dealer since the middle of November, but it gave us a bit of headache to get it financed - among the first one Velars in the country). This one will be grey with blue seats.
Please post pics when you get it

·
Registered
58 Posts
Sorry for the pic quality, it was a late hour collection yesterday. :) The car drives excellent, compared to the D300 even more sporty, and the difference in the weight upfront makes it even more agile. Coil springs are just fine. No issues other than some electronic glitches with the ICTP, mainly iPhone connectivity problems.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes I have a P300.
Really enjoying it. Mpg is 32 on longish M-Way driving. 19-23 mog on short in town journeys. We live in London so short journeys can start stop.
Plenty of power especially in mid range acceleration.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
david-DJ said:
Yes I have a P300.
Really enjoying it. Mpg is 32 on longish M-Way driving. 19-23 mog on short in town journeys. We live in London so short journeys can start stop.
Plenty of power especially in mid range acceleration.
That is decent MPG especially in London, which is where I am. I thought it would be lower. I went for D240 in the end as going PCP I feel it wont make much odds when I come to chop it plus it was £80 odd cheaper per month to go diesel. I couldn't justify the extra expense.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Just a short update after one week: first of all, no problems whatsoever, I hope it stays so (fingers crossed). Now, that it passed 1000 miles, I had the chance to drive it hard. I can compare it to my Audi S3, that essentialy has the same displacement and power and to a Volvo XC60 T6. In my opinion, both engines have a better power curve and/or programming for the transmission. The P300 engine runs out of breath at about 6000 rpm, but the programming let's it rev way above that, so the car "falls on it's face" at every shift when you flat out accelerate. Otherwise, it has a plenty of torque, and no turbo lag, when left in D or S. The coil suspension does a very good job, and you can feel the differences between the modes, it can behave sporty, and be very comfortable indeed. Turn in is sharp, but steering feel lacks the precise feedback, the F-Pace gives you. If there was an option on the list for the F-pace steering, I'd pay for that, to get the perfect car. Fuel consumption is ok, about 11-12 l/ 100 km (sorry I don't know what this in imperial MPG means), with the best being 8.0/100 km. Let me know if any of you have questions!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thanks for that - write up ... esp the fuel consumption - which sounds very reasonable I think .... Im still awaiting mine, is to be shipped to me in Melbourne Australia hopefully before Christmas.
This might sound a bit silly but, can you post a pic of the rear of the car showing the P300 badge .... Ive seen lots and lots of pics of good looking Velars on here, but NEVER seen one yet with a P300 badge!
Cheers :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hello Peterd .... Please post some pics when you can and tell us more about thr P300 .... I still have to wait 2-3 months to get delivery of mine in Melbourne Australia yet ..... And don't forget to show the P300 badge in the pics :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
So, our second P300 has arrived as well. Drives fantastic, no issues whatsoever. As I was (and to be honest still a bit) concerned about performance numbers of JLR products, I will use a racelogic box to measure the acceleration in the next couple of weeks and will update here.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.