Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Many thanks. I haven’t received any info for this from JLR. I’m in the UK.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Mine has updated, linked with my account and works quite well - although it can't be used for calls if you have carplay or android auto.

Wasn't something I was expecting so a nice added bonus

·
Registered
134 Posts
You need to activate the Alexa JLR remote skill, this links it to your JLR account, it should then appear in the available connected accounts, scan the bar code, sign into your JLR account then you should be good to go.

·
Super Moderator
428 Posts
Set Alexa up in my wife’s new Evoque this morning and works great. Envious that I still do not have OS 3.0 yet in my new Velar. Although a whole lot of new maps became available today 😁

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have set up Alexa on my Velar that only has update 2.6.1b - so anyone who has this and is waiting for 3.0 you already have access. It was a little bit of a faff adding Alexa to my iPhone and adding the JLR Skill to it to link to In Control but all up and running now. Only question is what do I use it for I can now speak to Alexa, Siri and Landrover all in one car - just have to work out who I speak to for what!!

Have worked out Alexa radio is over data and so the signal drops in a bad signal site - unlike DAB which worked fine in the same area. So I guess the point to remember is anything going through Alexa is using your data connection (i.e she used her own Global Radio and mapping SW via data instead of switching to use the cars DAB or vehicle versions (logical if you think about it).

i also linked Alexa to my Apple calendar so I can access my diary and I am working out how to add my contacts (as that seemed to fail).

What will you use Alexa for? (I am getting bored of asking her what the time is in Australia!) :)

·
Super Moderator
428 Posts
That’s great news, but how did you get the Alexa app in the car on the screen? I thought it was only available for OS3.0? On my wife’s Evoque the Alexa icon stays in the Home Screen next to Nav, Radio, phone.
For my Velar on 2.1.7 I have the skill connected to my phone and remote, but not in the car?

·
Registered
45 Posts
That’s great news, but how did you get the Alexa app in the car on the screen? I thought it was only available for OS3.0? On my wife’s Evoque the Alexa icon stays in the Home Screen next to Nav, Radio, phone.
For my Velar on 2.1.7 I have the skill connected to my phone and remote, but not in the car?
Me too I was just doing some digging around the other night after I got the email from JLR (and thought at the time yeah right not for me for a few months).

The Alexa app appeared on the ALL screen after my latest OTA update (still not on 3.0 yet I checked just to ensure I had not got it wrong). I used the QR code to link to my in control account and then dowloaded the Alex app to my iPhone and added the skill.

Works like a dream but still have no idea what I will actually use it for as i now have Hey Landrover, Hey Siri and Alexa all in one car!! What the hell do you use for what?? 3rd world problem to have I guess :)

Once installed the ALe a icon appears on the far right at the top above the phone, nav etc icons or on the all screen (same as the parking payment app).

Cheers

1 - 13 of 13 Posts