Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it me? Only 1 in10 'kicks' ever results in an opening tailgate.

Yes I've cleaned the sensors and I could live without this function. It just bugs me that it so infrequently works and seems to know in an ironic way when your hands are full and enjoys seeing you kicking an imaginary object with hands fully laden.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Depends where you kick, I get it working 9 times out of 10. It’s a deft flick of the foot where the parking sensor at the back is located. When it doesn’t work you do look rather silly.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Likewise - I think once you have worked it out it does it nearly every time. Follow the iGuide to the letter and it should work for you.

Reactions: Shropshire Lad

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay it's me then!
Tonight when dark I shall practise, but one question - all you 8 out of 10ers key in pocket and are you kicking straight on on with an angle?

·
Registered
P250 2019
36 Posts
Okay it's me then!
Tonight when dark I shall practise, but one question - all you 8 out of 10ers key in pocket and are you kicking straight on on with an angle?
Standing sideways. The landmark is the beginning of a narrow catafot on the rear bumper.

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hate this function, I only ever trigger it when not wanted! Dog nearly escaped the other week!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts