Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As per the title - I have the D240. Frequently, I mash the peddle and the car just creeps off the line for a few seconds until something kicked in and it rockets. All drive modes and with and without a chip tune module. Anyone heard of anything like this or can guesa at what's wrong?

·
Registered
79 Posts
As per the title - I have the D240. Frequently, I mash the peddle and the car just creeps off the line for a few seconds until something kicked in and it rockets. All drive modes and with and without a chip tune module. Anyone heard of anything like this or can guesa at what's wrong?
Could be a faulty exhaust gas recirculation valve. Would get the dealer to have a look

Reactions: maitology

·
Registered
45 Posts
My D240 hse 20 plate does exactly the same , need to get it booked in
had a few near misses trying to pull out of the blind junction at the bottom of my road.
The car just edges slowly forward , I then see a car coming around the corner towards me ( who looks like I have almost stopped in the middle of the road ) , you then have to give it more throttle and it suddenly jerks into life .
Its a horrible feeling and to anyone else in the car would feel like you are more like a learner driver , and not able to pull away smoothly

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the very same problem with a P400e 21 Velar. The accelerator is unresponsive for a split second and then it jumps from low revs to high way to quick, it is very jumpy. In high revs or motorway driving it is perfect. I only ever experience the issue at roundabouts, taking off, junctions etc. It is less of an issue in EV mode Any ideas ?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We have the same issue. I'm taking it in on Thursday. My trusted non-JLR mechanic. Could be a fuel or air filter. Apparently one cause is the fuel-air mix is too lean.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I had a similar problem in my P250, the excellent guys at Landrover assist new straight away it was the fuel pump regulator module. I dont know if this is the same on a diesel. The assist guy popped up the back seat and swapped the modules in minutes. No more problems in my ownership.

Reactions: maitology

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Did you have any joy
My DPF was clogged. They unclogged it. Then it was fine. A day later an error message returned and I took it back and the guy said I'd driven it too long in limp mode. He cleared the error and said I needed to give it some welly to fix the turbo geometry. It's seemed to work and clear the error messages. However performance off the line remains genuinely problematic to the point that, on an incline out the garage, flooring it just holds it in place for a good 3 seconds. Feels like 60bhp for that time, then it spools up. And yeah, it's definitely in first.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Did they check the EGR valve (as per snipperty)?
When my old Evoque DPF clogged (due to lots of short journeys; bad for any diesel) the EGR got bunged up too and had to be replaced.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts