Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
It's close to base but isn't base....

Sunroof & privacy glass are extras.

No SatNav of course on base model and I didn't realise that the speaker covers are different on the base model.

But you know what, I would still be tempted if my budget was set at that level. If I popped some slightly better wheels on the car and chose the privacy glass it would look fine. The sunroof is an expensive option but, with the oyster headlining chosen for the car in your link, it would be okay without the sunroof.

What you then have is a perfectly good looking Velar, a decent D180 engine and a voice telling you that you were smart and have saved a small fortune compared to all those other guys who have spent £60k+.

I would then pop my £200 Garmin SatNav called Lottie on top of the dashboard that we bought a few years back from Halfords!

Happy days.

Arianne

·
Registered
558 Posts
3.39% APR........

Bastards.................................

·
Registered
482 Posts
Seriously, I don't know why anyone would pay the UK JLR 6.9% finance APR. Surely that is just the starting point for some good natured negotiation rather than the end point.

Arianne

·
Registered
153 Posts
Arianne said:
Seriously, I don't know why anyone would pay the UK JLR 6.9% finance APR. Surely that is just the starting point for some good natured negotiation rather than the end point.

Arianne
Not as easy as one would imagine, especially on the velar literally found know movement on price although got the service plan for £350 rather the £675 so small touches.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Omar1 said:
Arianne said:

Arianne
Not as easy as one would imagine, especially on the velar literally found know movement on price although got the service plan for £350 rather the £675 so small touches.
Negotiating effectively means you must have leverage to tease out the deal you're after.....

Lloyds Bank, Bank of Scotland & Halifax are in the same group of companies as Black Horse Finance - these being the people behind JLR Finance offered through the dealerships.

These banks offer their customers PCP and traditional HP finance (unsecured except on the car, of course) at about 4.3% & 3.8% respectively representative APR. Simply go online via digital banking, obtain offer within minutes, print it off and share it with your Sales Executive. Voila! If they don't play ball then use the Bank's offer instead.

That's called leverage. It oils the wheels of the negotiation and is very effective.

No charge for this tip :D

Arianne

·
Registered
153 Posts
Arianne said:
Omar1 said:
Arianne said:

Arianne
Negotiating effectively means you must have leverage to tease out the deal you're after.....

Lloyds Bank, Bank of Scotland & Halifax are in the same group of companies as Black Horse Finance - these being the people behind JLR Finance offered through the dealerships.

These banks offer their customers PCP and traditional HP finance (unsecured except on the car, of course) at about 4.3% & 3.8% respectively representative APR. Simply go online via digital banking, obtain offer within minutes, print it off and share it with your Sales Executive. Voila! If they don't play ball then use the Bank's offer instead.

That's called leverage. It oils the wheels of the negotiation and is very effective.

No charge for this tip :D

Arianne
Thank You, first car I'm buying on PCP, will definitely look into this.

·
Registered
482 Posts
^^ my pleasure!

All the best.

Arianne

·
Registered
17 Posts
Joe said:
sorry to say it, but this is the worst Velar I saw
It might not be the best Velar, but it's probably the best value Velar!! ;)
If that's your budget then you are still getting a beautiful car for your money.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I wonder how many in this standard spec they have sold?!?!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Kieran said:
Joe said:
sorry to say it, but this is the worst Velar I saw
It might not be the best Velar, but it's probably the best value Velar!! ;)
If that's your budget then you are still getting a beautiful car for your money.
Not sure I agree. Missing so many basics it's arguably a different car. I think S+options (if you're buying) or base spec SE (PCP or lease due to better residuals) is the sweet spot and a 55-60k price range is arguably the best bang for buck.

·
Registered
201 Posts
[/quote]

Not sure I agree. Missing so many basics it's arguably a different car. I think S+options (if you're buying) or base spec SE (PCP or lease due to better residuals) is the sweet spot and a 55-60k price range is arguably the best bang for buck.
[/quote]

Hmmm. but if you are buying surely better residuals are also key?? I get you lose a lot on optionals if taking PCP, but not too different if selling on, especially as a part exchange....usually the sweet spot (or best bang for buck) tends to be a low optionals version.....and that probably works for both situations (unless you keep the car 6+ years when buying, then I think it is less relevant)

·
Registered
558 Posts
velofixed said:
Lancer said:
I got 5.9% from my UK dealer. So there IS movement. Just insist!
Looking at the website I think that is standard for Velar now?
Result.....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts