Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone is interested in getting your 'fake' velar tips painted black from the current silver please get in touch with Danny.SVR on instagram. He is mobile and based in Essex but will drive all the way into central London and will only need 2 to 3 hours max with your car. Just needs an outlet and some space. Did an amazing job with mine after Land Rover decided to remove the black exhaust tips from the black pack.

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Art Tire

Plastic bag Bag Gas Glove Automotive design

Attachments

·
Banned
35 Posts
looks really good why on earth would land rover remove the black tips from the black pack quite stupid anyway really nice looking exhaust tips how much was it I might get it done to my velar when it arrives

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
velar man said:
looks really good why on earth would land rover remove the black tips from the black pack quite stupid anyway really nice looking exhaust tips how much was it I might get it done to my velar when it arrives
Came up to £250 but was worth it since he devoted so much time and even drove out to me. Danny did such an amazing job and it just looks flawless.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Oooh I dig. Really like the look. I think you've got the best looking Velar out there

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mm767cap said:
Oooh I dig. Really like the look. I think you've got the best looking Velar out there
Appreciate it. Got a couple more mods coming soon 😂

·
Registered
104 Posts
mge.92 said:
Before

IMG_20170924_190007_969-20171130-220504596.jpg

After

IMAG0675-20171130-212712531.jpg

IMAG0673-20171130-212714952.jpg
Hi MGE.92,

Absolutely love this look! Will be having the same done on my 300 when it arrives.

Ironically black tailpipes are still standard with black pack on the Evoque, but not available on Range Rover's premium model offering?!

Do you have a zoomed out shot from the rear with the black tailpipes?

Thanks!

·
Registered
843 Posts
VelarBlack said:
mge.92 said:
mm767cap said:
Appreciate it. Got a couple more mods coming soon 😂
Which mods have you gone for it? You have really great taste, would love to know.
Hate to say it, but Marc had a terrible experience with his Velar, got rid of it, went for a top spec Jaguar SV Project 8, and just had to reject it due to terrible state of delivery and an (unsurprisingly) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ JLR leadership team. He had the quicksilver exhaust, Xpel Stealth wrap, those black tips, and believe a few other mods before he checked into the dealer and basically never saw his Velar again for 6 months.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Anyone tried tiny wrapping the exhaust tips.
I am thinking of putting a carbon fibre vine wrap on to the exhaust tips. However, I am not sure how easy it is to do given the shape of the tip.

·
Registered
104 Posts
GSudhir said:
Anyone tried tiny wrapping the exhaust tips.
I am thinking of putting a carbon fibre vine wrap on to the exhaust tips. However, I am not sure how easy it is to do given the shape of the tip.
I was considering this, I've seen a few photos around the internet

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.