Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I like to go out on our bikes quite a lot and would like to be able to carry them in the Velar - Unfortunately it doesn’t have a tow bar and I was thinking of having one retrofitted (+£1,500 with a good bike rack) but then my wife said why not just pop the rear seats down and put them in the back.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good liner that would also cover the back of the rear seat and would allow them to fold down?

Thanks.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I just use some old blankets. One to protect the seats and one between the bikes.
Be warned though, getting a couple of bikes in and out is a pain in the posterior. You will probably have to remove at least one wheel. If you carry bikes a lot then a roofrack is my choice. About £500 for a very good one. Keeps the interior clean and uses no space. Roofracks are best for lighter bikes though, as you do have to lift the bike up and over your head to put it on. Easy with a 7Kg race bike but difficult with a heavy hybrid, MTB or electric bike,

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just use some old blankets. One to protect the seats and one between the bikes.
Be warned though, getting a couple of bikes in and out is a pain in the posterior. You will probably have to remove at least one wheel. If you carry bikes a lot then a roofrack is my choice. About £500 for a very good one. Keeps the interior clean and uses no space. Roofracks are best for lighter bikes though, as you do have to lift the bike up and over your head to put it on. Easy with a 7Kg race bike but difficult with a heavy hybrid, MTB or electric bike,
We’ve got hybrids and whilst I’m sure I can lift them the whole “will they fall off” thing worries me.

·
Registered
25 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JRMUK - We have recently picked up our new velar and needed a boot liner - went for one that was fully fitted from these guys -

Boot Liners for Land Rover Range Rover Velar 2020 – Present | Protect Your Land Rover Range Rover Velar 2020 – Present With Custom Boot Covers - Car Mats UK

to be honest pretty impressed.

I do have a genuine landrover boot liner for, i am guessing, pre 2020 which has a lower floor if your interested PM me.
I was down to that one and the boot buddy versaliner both of which rank highly in the Autoexpress reviews

·
Registered
101 Posts
Bikes don't fall off a decent modern roofrack. I have travelled tens of thousands of miles with bikes on the roof to bike races. Sometimes we are talking £50,000 worth of bikes on the roof. They get covered in flies but thats about it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts