Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it me, or in Eco, Snow and Comfort drive modes, the Velar does some sort of brake hold/release assist? Not quite the full Hill Start Assist feature maybe...?

I've noticed this over the last few days but don't recall 'feeling' this effect initially.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Are you saying when you come to a full stop in D? If so, I've not noticed this. If you're saying in P, the emergency brake will switch on until you shift out.

I use queue assist frequently though and it does hold the brake at a full stop. If you've optioned this, I would use it. It will become one of your favorite features and makes commutes and motorway driving a dream.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
P380NarvikEclipse said:
Are you saying when you come to a full stop in D? If so, I've not noticed this. If you're saying in P, the emergency brake will switch on until you shift out.

I use queue assist frequently though and it does hold the brake at a full stop. If you've optioned this, I would use it. It will become one of your favorite features and makes commutes and motorway driving a dream.
Yes, full stop, in Drive. No slope, no Queue Assist.

I have adaptive cruise with queue assist and yes, it's marvelous!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
VelarMan said:
Have a search - plenty of threads about this previously ;)
Of course that was my first step... nothing matches my question, unless you see otherwise?

Lots of discussion about queue assist, hill assist, comparisons to brake hold from Audi, bmw, etc. but no issue described like this?

·
Registered
843 Posts
quig451 said:
P380NarvikEclipse said:

Yes, full stop, in Drive. No slope, no Queue Assist.

I have adaptive cruise with queue assist and yes, it's marvelous!
Hmmm, that is definitely not something I've noticed. I would be nervous to take my foot off the brake without queue assist engaged at a stop, but will happily try it with no other vehicles around later and see if maybe I'm missing something.

This thread goes into more depth on the topic: https://www.velarforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=393&hilit=auto+stop

This one touches on it: https://www.velarforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=214&hilit=auto+stop

At the end of the day, I don't believe what you describe is intended behavior on the Velar unless Queue Assist is enabled.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.