Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm looking for some advice on my build please - I'm going nuts with all the options and need to get some work done rather than playing with the build tool!

I've decided on R Dynamic, D240 SE in Carpathian Grey, pano roof, towbar, mood lighting.

Can any owners have give their experience of the ride with 21" or 22" wheels? Is it worth also getting the air suspension if opting for wheels over 20"?
I ideally I want the 22" 9 split-spoke 'Style 9007' with Diamond Turned finish.

Is the Park Assist worth the extra?

I'm opting for the standard Ebony leather as £4k+ for the Windsor pushes the build over budget.

Any other options worth considering?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
153 Posts
£1.4k on a paint colour I would only go with that if you 100% want the colour. 22s are good if you don't plan to drive off road much plus you will probably kerb them. Air is good as it lowers the car so easy to get in, also drops it on motorway driving to help on saving fuel. I would say Surround camera maybe a better option then park assist. But that's just my opinion.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply. Yes, happy with the colour, the alternative is corris grey with black roof which is similar price. From experience any size wheel will be curbed, so I think I will take out alloy insurance.

Was going for a new XC60 as they have a lot of kit, but my heart ruled my head after testing the Velar.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Similar panic to you ScoJack! However, its too late for me as my order is locked in!
I did go for the 22" alloys, and didn't go for the Air suspension. I'm very 50/50 on if I made the right choice, however I've just accepted the ride might be a little firmer. Also, the way I looked at it was, not to test drive a Velar with AirSuspension (which I didn't), so I kind of don't miss what I never tried.... Others might completely disagree

·
Registered
51 Posts
The 4k option is for the windsor leather, however, if you go for the standard (as I did in my R-Dynamic SE) you can opt for the 'Extended Leather Upgrade' for £625.00 or the 'Full Extended Leather Upgrade' for £1550.00. Personally, I've gone for the Extended, not the full. From what I can gather its an option well worth having as it makes the cabin feel much more premium. On the builder tool online, its gives the full breakdown on whats included in each package. Its things like extra leather on the tops of the doors and dash etc..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts