Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I see a lot of you posting on this forum writing about their [build date].

I did not have a chance to be given such a precise build date from my dealership in Paris / France. He only answered me that build is meant for september (a bit vague) and delivery end october.

question is for those of you who have a build date : did you get this build date before delivery ? should I ask the LR dealer to be more precise about this. is this only UK customers ?

as for all of those waiting: the sooner, the better:)

·
Registered
558 Posts
I have the full break down, build, delivery and handover dates on the sheet. I may need to delay so hope I don't have to go back on the queue

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ordered P250 in April with Sept delivery. Then chased order to find that until October, JLR are now only producing Diesel engines and my order has been delayed till Dec 5 for start of build and 5 Jan for delivery to dealer.

·
Registered
121 Posts
whynotme said:
Ordered P250 in April with Sept delivery. Then chased order to find that until October, JLR are now only producing Diesel engines and my order has been delayed till Dec 5 for start of build and 5 Jan for delivery to dealer.
Hi whinotme ... your country?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi all,

I see I am not the only one in the dark here...

I spoke with my retailer yeterday and he told me that the forcasted build date is not to be trusted before the production really starts.

I am told that my production is expected around september the 20th, for a departure from UK by beginning of october, ie handover by end of october, so they told me...

fortunately my engine is a Diesel and I do not have too complicated specs.

we will have to be as patient as the one who ordered back in march...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi basel,

Im living in Austria. Local garage did not know of a delay until I called JLR customer service for Austria. They knew that my car was delayed and when they called JLR in the UK was informed that it was due to production of the Petrol engines not starting again until October.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My local dealer sent me the following retroplanning yesterday (if it can help some of the buddies waiting) :

delivery at retailer's: 18/10/17
transit to distribution platform :13/10/17
stock parking :___________
boat transport : _____________
factory exit : 11/09/17
buit : 11/09/17
construction planned : 22/08/17
last spec change possible 15/08/17
build order : 21/08/17
confirmed order 21/07/17
order created 21/07/17

I just translated this myself from french, so sorry for the poor wording

Some dates are not filled (boat transport, ...)

IMHO one month between factory exit and delivery in Paris is a lot, but at least the car is produced now !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts