Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 3 faultless years my Velar has been moved on via Motorway. Not the smoothest transaction ever but not the worst either.
Apart from the chocolate brake pads I've had no issues with it whatever and actually changing the brake pads was a pleasure, the bolts were high quality and it was easy to work on the car.

I can honestly say that it was the best all round vehicle I've ever had, fast enough for decent A and B road fun, great handling for a big 4x4 and smooth, refined and quiet all the time. I also regularly got over 50mpg on runs without trying very hard. Made some potentially very hairy journeys through blizzards completely routine too.

Just running about in my wife's BMW i3 for now till I decide if I really need another big car or not. If anyone sees a nice black 300D Velar S in a car supermarket with about 22k miles on it... buy it!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Interesting! My Velar sold on Thursday via Motorway with the winning bidder being Car Supermarket!

What issues did you run into with your sale, if you don’t mind me asking??

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The collection company were pretty hopeless. They contacted me, we agreed a date and time, they confirmed by text and e-mail and then didn't turn up. Didn't return my calls, couldn't tell me when the driver might appear etc. More of an annoyance than a deal breaker TBH.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I see, thanks for the info. Not ideal but I suppose not the end of the world.

Was the handover quite straight forward? My wife might have to deal with it so want to make sure it’s easy enough.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, it was fine. Had to wait a while for the purchasing garage to transfer the money, the delivery driver had to phone them about 12 times to chivvy them along, but apart from that, the driver was a nice guy, the car was clearly as described and he was quick to agree the condition.
My son sold a BMW 3 series via them a few months back and had an even more painless experience. Money was transferred even before the car was on the transporter and they came the day they were meant to!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts