Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Contacted my dealer to add the Air purifier option onto my Velar build, but was informed this option is not available currently on any model. If I wish to go ahead with the option then be prepared to possibly delay delivery up to 1 to 2 years !. I thought it wise not to proceed with the add on option and therefore keep my original build spec. Why do they still show the option when its not available ?
Is this the case or have I been fobbed off by my landrover dealer ?
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Tire Product Automotive design

·
Registered
74 Posts
Contacted my dealer to add the Air purifier option onto my Velar build, but was informed this option is not available currently on any model. If I wish to go ahead with the option then be prepared to possibly delay delivery up to 1 to 2 years !. I thought it wise not to proceed with the add on option and therefore keep my original build spec. Why do they still show the option when its not available ?
Is this the case or have I been fobbed off by my landrover dealer ?
View attachment 5210
Not sure if this limitation or restriction is fairly new but when I originally received a call from my dealer informing me that I had to delete some options (due to silicon shortages). I asked to add the "air ionization with PM 2.5 filter" option (which from the description sounds the same) and I was allowed to. Indeed mine has it (although I haven't used it yet). This was back in Aug 2021 and I collected car in Nov 2021.

I note however that it appears to have a new name "Cabin air purification plus" and the price is higher (mine was GBP 140) so maybe there is a difference (not sure what)?

·
Registered
289 Posts
The plus option cleans / filters to a higher spec - allegedly !

·
Registered
74 Posts
The plus option cleans / filters to a higher spec - allegedly !
The description of the option appears to be the same - it "seems" that it's changed only in name (and price). Both appear to filter to the same level (PM2.5). 🤷‍♂️

1 - 5 of 5 Posts