Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
What do people think on the colour though? Can't decide on whether to add a black roof (which the garage can do on delivery for me) as I forgot to add it when ordering. All the ones I've seen I prefer with the black roof but the blue looks ok without in the video. My wife is fed up with me asking her this question again so need some forum help to decide!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Interesting that you say the garage can undertake the modification to make your roof black - because I've ordered one with a black roof, and I think I may prefer the roof body coloured now.

Do you know if they can do the opposite? I just assumed this was part of the factory build...

·
Registered
126 Posts
Dazloid said:
Interesting that you say the garage can undertake the modification to make your roof black - because I've ordered one with a black roof, and I think I may prefer the roof body coloured now.

Do you know if they can do the opposite? I just assumed this was part of the factory build...
Their LR authorised Body shop nearby does all their repairs/amendments and it is done to LR factory standards. Same price as the configurator online too. Not sure about changing it back to the body colour but can't see it being any different in price as its just a different colour paint, same process. Why do you now want to change? looking for arguments for and against!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Dodge, rather than painting, wouldn't having it wrapped be better?

Also, stick with your decision to to get the black roof. I think Byron absolutely needs it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
KRG said:
Dodge, rather than painting, wouldn't having it wrapped be better?

Also, stick with your decision to to get the black roof. I think Byron absolutely needs it.
As the black roof meets the other black parts of the side profile not sure wrapping will work? Also would prefer painted option so it is done to LR standard for resale etc. Not much wrapping goes on in the UK unless your a teenage billionaire in London and most of it is gold! :lol:

·
Registered
534 Posts
I'd think they could match the color. That's funny though. It's huge in America. Lots of ultra high end cars tastefully wrapped because it doesn't destroy the factory finish underneath as painting does. I just hate paintwork that's not factory. I can't imagine it's ever as good. At least vinyl can be pulled off and redone with ease if needed. If it's a very highly trusted bodyshop then I'm sure it'll be fine. I wouldn't trust "Land Rover standards" as that means nothing. Read actual reviews and make sure people are happy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Dodge, I've spec'd a very similar car to yours and I know what you mean. I ordered in March and have finally settled on a Byron Blue R-Dynamic SE, 21" satin grey wheels, black roof and privacy glass. Originally went with D240 but the longer the waiting went on I swapped to the P300. Some colours definitely benefit from the black roof such as the firenze red where as the blue seems to work either way. I suppose the fact i've ordered it with, then to me it must have edged it. Spin a coin, that should settle it!

·
Registered
126 Posts
lancsjon said:
Dodge, I've spec'd a very similar car to yours and I know what you mean. I ordered in March and have finally settled on a Byron Blue R-Dynamic SE, 21" satin grey wheels, black roof and privacy glass. Originally went with D240 but the longer the waiting went on I swapped to the P300. Some colours definitely benefit from the black roof such as the firenze red where as the blue seems to work either way. I suppose the fact i've ordered it with, then to me it must have edged it. Spin a coin, that should settle it!
Thanks and you have great taste! Ours will look like this then with the black roof and without, think i prefer the with, my wife prefers without (pretty sure its just she doesn't want me to spend any more money tho!)

Attachments

·
Registered
126 Posts
KRG said:
I'd think they could match the color. That's funny though. It's huge in America. Lots of ultra high end cars tastefully wrapped because it doesn't destroy the factory finish underneath as painting does. I just hate paintwork that's not factory. I can't imagine it's ever as good. At least vinyl can be pulled off and redone with ease if needed. If it's a very highly trusted bodyshop then I'm sure it'll be fine. I wouldn't trust "Land Rover standards" as that means nothing. Read actual reviews and make sure people are happy.
Thanks for the advice. I know the body shop pretty well as they have done some work in the past. I went to see them and they said they take the section off, sand it down, prime and paint etc. Have done it many times for LR customers. Wrapping is a good option but finding anyone decent locally would be difficult. There's definitely nothing 'tasteful' about wrapping cars in the UK. Boy racer and footballer (soccer) spring to mind!

·
Registered
126 Posts
lancsjon said:
Don't bother with that coin then. If your wife prefers the car without the black roof then its been decided - at least if its like our household. :lol:
Haha yeah I'm trying to convince her but not working at the moment. All i get in reply is 'if you get the black roof, I get a new Mulberry handbag!' I'm resisting as the bag is more than the roof!! :shock: :lol:

·
Registered
12 Posts
dodge1201 said:
What do people think on the colour though? Can't decide on whether to add a black roof (which the garage can do on delivery for me) as I forgot to add it when ordering. All the ones I've seen I prefer with the black roof but the blue looks ok without in the video. My wife is fed up with me asking her this question again so need some forum help to decide!!
Definitely get the black roof!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts