Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just thought I would see how people wash there cars

mine is below call me ocd if you want

Use a snow foam gun filled with snow foam to cover the car in soap to lift any dirt from the surface once applied leave for 3 -5 minutes

Rinse off using a garden hose or pressure washer

Using a snow foam gun cover the car in snow foam to lift any dirt from the paintwork
Once applied leave for 3 minutes using a soft detailing brush reserved for the paintwork only work the snow foam in to help lift any dirt once finished rinse of the car using a garden hose or pressure washer

Using a snow foam gun filled with snow foam cover the car in snow foam to lift any dirt before contact washing leave for 3-5 minutes once finished rinse off the snow foam using a garden hose or pressure washer

Now contact washing can begin

Rinse out the buckets that are going to be used this will ensure no dust and stuff is in the buckets

Place a grit guard in each bucket

Fill one bucket with hot water (not to hot or Boling)

Fill another bucket with hot water and add triple wax wash and wax car shampoo

Using a lambs wool wash mitt put the wash mitt into the bucket with the shampoo in it and then starting from the roof of the car work your way down the car rinse the wash mitt regularly to avoid scratching the paintwork rinse the wash mitt by putting it in the bucket with plain water in it and then put it in the bucket with the shampoo in it repeat this until all the paintwork on the car has been cleaned

Rinse off the car thourghrly once finished using a garden hose or pressure washer

Once paintwork has been rinsed spray car pro trix onto the paintwork which will change colour when it comes in to contact with metal based stuff or road grime leave for a few minutes then jet off using a garden hose or pressure washer

Once finished start cleaning the wheels

Spray wheel cleaner on the wheels and leave for a few minutes work the wheel cleaner In with a soft detailing brush

Rinse the two buckets that were used for the paintwork out and put the grit guard in them fill two buckets up with hot water add car shampoo to one bucket

Using a wash mitt reserved for only the wheels put the wash mitt In the bucket with the shampoo in it and start to clean the wheels and neutralize the wheel cleaner to rinse the wash mitt put it In the bucket with the plain water in it and then put back in to the bucket with the shampoo in it repeat this until all the wheels have been cleaned

Once finished rinse the wheels using a pressure washer or garden hose

Don't forget the wheel arches spray the wheel arches with soap and work the soap In with a soft detailing brush reserved for the wheel arches only

Once finished rinse off the wheel arches using a pressure washer or a garden hose

To clean the tyres spray soap on the tyres not the tread the face of the tyre via a trigger sprayer leave for about 2 minutes work in the soap using a stiff bristle brush to remove any road grime or previous tyre dressings

Once finished rinse off the tyres the wheel arches and wheels using a garden hose or pressure washer

Give the whole car a final rinse to remove any over spray from washing the wheels using a garden hose or pressure washer

Next dry the paintwork and glass using a microfibre cloth reserved for drying only the paintwork and glass

After that dry the wheels using a microfibre cloth reserved for the wheels only so that there is no water in between the wheel and the sealant coating

Next is to seal the wheels and dress the tyres

Using poor boys wheel sealant First apply a bit of the wheel sealant to a foam applicator pad and apply to each spoke of the wheels by dabbing it on once applied buff of with a microfibre cloth reserved for sealing the wheels only

Next is to dress the tyres

To dress the tyres spray some triple wax tyre shine on to a foam tyre dressing applicator pad
Then apply to the face of the tyre

Leave for a few minutes and then wipe off any excess with a microfibre cloth reserved for the tyres only

·
Registered
37 Posts
Wow. Admire your devotion to it

I left mine with a local detailer yesterday (cut above your average hand wash place) for a couple of hours and he does a £15 mini valet. He made it look great and washed away all the muck I got on the car on a trip to the Lake District!

·
Banned
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
amazingly that is it with about 8 things cut out my wife says I have ocd when we come back from holiday I give it a deep clean myself and my wife takes our kid out with his gran to go for lunch gives me 4 and a half hours to properly clean the car
I smiled the over day picked my little boy up from primary in my f type when I got there some parents seen me in the f type and one of them actually came up and said do you mind if I take a picture of the car I said yes I aint going to turn down that covered the reg with a bit of card honestly I get so much attention

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.