Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone fitted the 13mm snow chains for the rear wheels 255 /50 R 20 ? I have M + S tires but I would like to have snow chains with me “only for special situations

·
Registered
D300 MHEV MY21 Velar edition (SE+)
7 Posts
Me too!
With winter tires I think snow chains will be most of the time useless.
But when they are needed, I want to have it: getting stuck is never a funny experience.

I inspected the car and I think there is clearance in the rears to fit snow chains (I have 255/50R20 too).
But in the user manual 20" are specifically omitted:

Font Screenshot Parallel Number Document

I trusted user manual and I buyed a set of "zero clearance" snow chains (In Italy we call that spiders snow chains).

I buyed KonigK-summit XXL but i couldn't fit properly because of the wheel nut dimension:
we have 21mm on the Velar and Konig has a 21-22 adapter that I think is too big for 21 nuts.
The adapter is a little bit loose: I don't think it will get out of the nut, but I'm worried anyway.
I'm asking Konig reseller in Milan if they think they are ok (I'm sending them photos and videos).

If you manage to fit standard snow chains I would be interested in knowing the model!
Snow spiders are so expensive and I would be please to send it back and buy a conventional set of chains!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I had the k66 spiders for the MB GLC coupe ... the problem besides the cost is that they take up space and I also don't like the fixing to a wheel bolt ... I found classic 13 chains, it would be better to mount them in front but there is no it is space inside, they are probably not shown in the manual because the wheels cannot be used with the classic snow chains, but in my opinion they can be mounted. I found 2-3 models, I am considering which ones to take

1 - 3 of 3 Posts