Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watch this

RRS looks a more expensive Velar from the inside. Not bad exterior design also. Bigger, more technological and options...but most importantly it is almost same price!!!

Happy did not get my Velar yet!!!! What do you think!!!

·
Registered
295 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Velar for me, specifying a RRS with the same options comes out a lot more. Plus altho it shares a few of the same technology of the Velar, velar just looks so much better. Tbh though I think it comes down if you prefer the bigger car or not.

·
Registered
727 Posts
The Velar is a brand new car built from ground up.

The RRS is a 3 year old car (came in 2014) and has just been updated mid-cycle with bits from the Velar (lights, interior choices, tech systems nav etc) and has had new bumpers. A new model is due in 2019 and this was just a refresh update.

The Velar is a better drivers car than the RRS too. I have owned both...

The rest my friend is up to you :)

·
Registered
558 Posts
For me its the Velar, they are not the same price as what I've spec'd is still £6k less than the base sport. I also think when the Velar is sat next to the sport and evoque in the showroom, the late both look very dated.

New evoque is on the horizon also.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Have you heard from a source that the next RRS will be announced in late 2019 as a 2020 model? I'm guessing it will be fantastic. I hope this timing is correct.

After 3 weeks with my Velar and looking back and forth at the new RRS update and the Velar I've come to the same conclusion as others in here -- the Velar just looks better overall and very modern. Cohesive design from bumper to bumper including the beautiful interior. The rear of the RRS sort of looks like a Frankenstein now that they tacked on that lower bumper change. I think the front looks good and the profile is sort of dull. It's a good choice though if you want the bigger size and off road ability or camping etc. Or have a few kids.

VelarMan said:
The Velar is a brand new car built from ground up.

The RRS is a 3 year old car (came in 2014) and has just been updated mid-cycle with bits from the Velar (lights, interior choices, tech systems nav etc) and has had new bumpers. A new model is due in 2019 and this was just a refresh update.

The Velar is a better drivers car than the RRS too. I have owned both...

The rest my friend is up to you :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Whilst it might seem like the RRS is not far off in price, come two years from now the RRS will get slaughtered in price when the completely new model comes out just as the old RRS did. The Velar is brand new in its lifecycle and will be many years until a completely new one is out. A small facelift won't do much for residuals once a fresh model is released

·
Registered
112 Posts
VelarMan said:
I have indeed. Mules will be spotted sooner or later!
Thank you. I hope so as my lease will be up around then. I really enjoyed my 2010 L320 and would like to get back into a Sport with a design that I absolutely love like I do the Velar. And there will also be the option of a Velar SVR in late 2018/2019 I'm guessing. Hoping LR can pull that off without it looking silly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.