Registered
160 Posts
only if you open the door.
you don't have to turn the engine on, only the ignition

All detailed in the manual :)

·
Registered
572 Posts
Or you can use the remote, by holding down the lock button until they start to rise. (If enabled in dash menus)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay I meant the ignition. I find it a little annoying because if you realise a window is still open then you got to pop back in and turn the ignition on. Yes you can use the key.

Just wondered if this was the way it was designed.

·
Registered
32 Posts
MikeJL said:
Or you can use the remote, by holding down the lock button until they start to rise. (If enabled in dash menus)
I have window global close enabled. My car is in the driveway, forgot to close the windows so I hold the lock button on fob down... and nada.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Devil said:
MikeJL said:
I have window global close enabled. My car is in the driveway, forgot to close the windows so I hold the lock button on fob down... and nada.
Unlock the car, lock the car then hold down the lock button to close the windows.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Devil said:
MikeJL said:
Try unlocking then hold lock button.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've had my Velar for nearly a year and I'm still learning new things. Thanks for posting this! I wouldn't have thought to ask.

·
Registered
35 Posts
the Jag XE i had was the same so already in the routine of making sure they are closed as i pull up or use the global lock on the key fob

·
Registered
32 Posts
So here's the thing. Velar in Canada is quirky.

With door handle button:
- As long as "Window Global Close" is switched on in the settings, you press and hold the button on the door handle and a few seconds later, all windows can close.
- No way to open all windows

With remote key fob:
- With or without the "Window Global Close" setting, you cannot close the windows remotely. This, apparently, is due to a law in Canada that stipulates that you need to physically be by the car so if something (or someone) gets stuck when the window is closing, you can attend to it.
- With the "Window Global Open" setting being switched on, you can hold the 'Unlock' button on the key fob and a few seconds after unlocking the vehicle, all windows will roll down.

I can't say I'm happy about this AT ALL. With spring temperatures approaching, I'm driving around with the windows down (and sometimes even the sun roof open) and I have forgotten to close the windows TWICE in two days when parking.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Btw, apart from the pressing the lock button on the key fob to close the windows, you could also use the app to close the windows and lock the car! Quite a cool feature!

·
Registered
MY18 D240 R-Dynamic S
7 Posts
So here's the thing. Velar in Canada is quirky.

With door handle button:
  • As long as "Window Global Close" is switched on in the settings, you press and hold the button on the door handle and a few seconds later, all windows can close.
  • No way to open all windows

With remote key fob:
  • With or without the "Window Global Close" setting, you cannot close the windows remotely. This, apparently, is due to a law in Canada that stipulates that you need to physically be by the car so if something (or someone) gets stuck when the window is closing, you can attend to it.
  • With the "Window Global Open" setting being switched on, you can hold the 'Unlock' button on the key fob and a few seconds after unlocking the vehicle, all windows will roll down.

I can't say I'm happy about this AT ALL. With spring temperatures approaching, I'm driving around with the windows down (and sometimes even the sun roof open) and I have forgotten to close the windows TWICE in two days when parking.
We have the same issue in Australia. Global close on fob does not work. I tried using the door handle button and that does not work either. A long press simply opens the doors again and the handle deploys.
Am I doing something wrong?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts