Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The question is! but the central display between speedometer and RPM, is it so "sad"? I mean, ok to the red lines on the right and left, in case of crossing the white line on the road, but if there is a car in front, is not shown in the display?
display? I understand that it appears only if the "Driver Assist Pack" is present ... is that so?

Another question, "collision avoidance", does no icon appear on the display if you get too close to the vehicle in front? I have never heard beeps or lights turn on ... also selecting "early" ..

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have and you know it! But because I was about to hit a car I didn’t get chance to check what the dash was showing.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The question is! but the central display between speedometer and RPM, is it so "sad"? I mean, ok to the red lines on the right and left, in case of crossing the white line on the road, but if there is a car in front, is not shown in the display?
display? I understand that it appears only if the "Driver Assist Pack" is present ... is that so?

Another question, "collision avoidance", does no icon appear on the display if you get too close to the vehicle in front? I have never heard beeps or lights turn on ... also selecting "early" ..
Correct. I have adaptive cruise and the car is only visable when adaptive cruise is activated. See photo

Is a bit a silly as all MY21 facelift cars have the hardware for adaptive (radar and harness) Land Rover just disable it in the module!

Speedometer Car Automotive design Motor vehicle Gauge

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Correct. I have adaptive cruise and the car is only visable when adaptive cruise is activated. See photo

Is a bit a silly as all MY21 facelift cars have the hardware for adaptive (radar and harness) Land Rover just disable it in the module!

View attachment 5179
Thanks for the reply! Ahhh okkk so, cruise control activated !!! I try immediately😊

·
Registered
289 Posts
Nopixar - As they recently re-enabled Steering Assist I asked my dealer if it could be ‘unlocked’ on my May MY21 - he said JLR said no but couldn’t give a reason why they disabled it in the first place. I complained to Customer Disservice showing the current brochure when I ordered had Steering Assist in it and they said I should have noticed it had disappeared from the description in the price list !

I asked a retrofit company if they could do it and they can’t.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
🙁… however I believe it is necessary to have “Driver Assist Pack" to have this graphics

·
Registered
46 Posts
Nopixar - As they recently re-enabled Steering Assist I asked my dealer if it could be ‘unlocked’ on my May MY21 - he said JLR said no but couldn’t give a reason why they disabled it in the first place. I complained to Customer Disservice showing the current brochure when I ordered had Steering Assist in it and they said I should have noticed it had disappeared from the description in the price list !

I asked a retrofit company if they could do it and they can’t.
🙁… however I believe it is necessary to have “Driver Assist Pack" to have this graphics
Steering assist no MY22s as you said only. However for adaptive cruise, the radar and option for it to be enabled in the module is already there in MY21, just needs to be turned on with the relavant software. Even the arrows on the steering wheel for adaptive distance are present on non adaptive cars, once activated they light up and are available to use. No hardware changes required at all. JLR must have kept everything uniform to keep costs down and just a case of “on/off” whilst charging the customer a small fortune. I recently bought a set of genuine backlit kick plates thinking it would be a wiring job, nope…pop off the original one and the connector is under there not connected to anything! Plug the connectors together job done! Guess it makes sense from a cost perspective, no need to have loads of different versions of the car coming off the production line.

Mine is MY21 and I would have loved steering assist also, my wife has it on her Tiguan and it really takes the sting out of those long journeys.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Steering assist no MY22s as you said only. However for adaptive cruise, the radar and option for it to be enabled in the module is already there in MY21, just needs to be turned on with the relavant software. Even the arrows on the steering wheel for adaptive distance are present on non adaptive cars, once activated they light up and are available to use. No hardware changes required at all. JLR must have kept everything uniform to keep costs down and just a case of “on/off” whilst charging the customer a small fortune. I recently bought a set of genuine backlit kick plates thinking it would be a wiring job, nope…pop off the original one and the connector is under there not connected to anything! Plug the connectors together job done! Guess it makes sense from a cost perspective, no need to have loads of different versions of the car coming off the production line.

Mine is MY21 and I would have loved steering assist also, my wife has it on her Tiguan and it really takes the sting out of those long journeys.

Were the lit kick plates easy to do, and may I ask where you got them from

1 - 9 of 9 Posts