Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Just wanting to check, I understand the general standard vehicle settings control "Comfort" "Eco" "Dynamic" "Sand" etc .... alters settings including suspension settings on the vehicle.
I am wondering if someone can explain to what extent the "configurable dynamics" option (standard in First Edition spec) allows FURTHER adjusment.
In other words can you make the suspension settings even MORE variable with configurable dynamics?
Hopefully someone with their First Edition might have experimented??
Looking forward to any comments.
Cheers from Melbourne Australia !

·
Registered
44 Posts
I pick my D300 up tomorrow but have had the handover today during which it was explained.
I have the on/off road pack that has CD as part of it. You can change each one of the 4 elements independently to suit. I'll be in a better position to explain at some stage tomorrow if I can be of anymore help?!

·
Registered
9 Posts
With the "Helmet" icon you can configure your personal selection in dynamic mode, but only two positions:

Steering soft key: Touch to select the Dynamic or Normal setting.

Suspension soft key: Touch to select the Dynamic or Normal setting.

Gear Shift soft key: Touch to select the Dynamic or Normal setting.

Engine soft key: Touch to select the Dynamic or Normal setting.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Found the following information online.

"Standard on First Edition models and available across the range, Configurable Dynamics allows the driver to tailor vehicle settings to their individual preference using the touchscreen. In Dynamic mode's default setting, throttle response is increased, gear shifts anticipate a sportier driving style, the suspension stiffens and power-steering assistance is reduced for extra driver feedback. Configurable Dynamics allows each parameter to be individually adjusted, so increased throttle response can be combined with, for example, the default suspension setting.

Dynamic information is also displayed in the touchscreen and shows g-force, stopwatch and the throttle pedal activation, helping enthusiasts to make the most of their driving experiences."

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Guys,
Thank you all for that ..... so it seems that apart from the somewhat gimicky "gforce indicator, stop watch etc" - all it really allows you to do, is to "wind back" to the "normal" setting, one or more of the steering, suspension, throttle response, and gearshift default settings in "Dynamic mode" (that without configurable dynamics are automatically all set to "dynamic" when dynamic mode is selected.
= sounds not as useful to me as I thought on first impression.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Brooke1403 said:
I pick my D300 up tomorrow but have had the handover today during which it was explained.
I have the on/off road pack that has CD as part of it. You can change each one of the 4 elements independently to suit. I'll be in a better position to explain at some stage tomorrow if I can be of anymore help?!
How are you getting on and how was the handover process with hunters?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have configurable dynamics on my coil sprung R-Dynamic. I chose the option because I like a sporty throttle response but prefer soft suspension. I had this option on my F-type jag and always selected this combination. So for me it is worth it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hunters Norwich have been excellent and Darren who looked after me a real credit.
Due to other commitments I've not driven the car a great deal yet but the signs are good. Rides lousy Norfolk roads well. The D300 engine is a delight.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts