Range Rover Velar Forum banner
81 - 100 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
MADEYOULUK said:
Actually a very nice color. Grey but very modern and not as tacky as the Audi one in this thread because it is metallic.

For real Land Rover has the best paint in the industry. After 8 months of owning the car, the only thing I still love about it is the paint - Firenze red. :)
Thanks interesting to know. I've got Firenze red on order and was regretting not going for the grey.

·
Registered
24 Posts
It's all my opinion of course :) But the Velar is the only LR that Firenze Red looks good in... Black roof is a must though. Something about that deep metallic red with a wet, just out of the wash look... I've never had a car where so many people stop me and say "nice car". I am pretty sure it is the color that does it.

And I am not saying this because I always wanted Firenze red; in fact, I never even thought about it. When I was going to purchase, I was more about the packages I wanted and immediate availability. When the dealer told me they could get one in red, I hesitated as I never thought I would ever get a red car. But after seeing some photos, I accepted it.

Looking back now, if I had bought the car in any other color, I'd regret it!!!

You won't be disappointed @noc101

·
Registered
471 Posts
Yeah the red velar is a very striking car
But like you said, it Must have a black roof and the black pack

It's the colour I would have gone for if I wasn't set on the grey

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
My detailers Pics - anyone in East Anglia(UK) PM me for details - this guy is amazing - not cheap, but truly magnificent in what he does!

Attachments

·
Registered
535 Posts
Got a real shine on!!

·
Registered
813 Posts
That's a great colour with the black bits &#x1f44d-1f3fc;

·
Registered
120 Posts
Looks great. Love the combo

·
Registered
20 Posts
Love it :) :) :)

Detailer has done a great job, the spec you have chosen is superb.

·
Registered
813 Posts
MADEYOULUK said:
Beauty! Make sure not to take it into any of those touch automatic carwashes. It will swirl up your black pillars!
Yip. The plastic is as soft as cheese. Nearly impossible not to scratch.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
Simonh said:
MADEYOULUK said:
Beauty! Make sure not to take it into any of those touch automatic carwashes. It will swirl up your black pillars!
Yip. The plastic is as soft as cheese. Nearly impossible not to scratch.
Glad I went down the PPF route on all pillars, Roof, Mirrors & lower door seals - Thanks to the advice on this forum! ;)

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
Thats the Range Rover Sport I believe - Eiger suits it with the Black contrasts!

·
Registered
560 Posts
Eiger Grey is a stunning colour - lookslike BMW Individual paint 'Donnigton Grey' - a liquid metal grey which looks absolutely stunning in the sunlight (and more elegant and unusual than Iridium Silver). If I was ordering now, I would likely pip for this.

Firenze Red with a black contrast roof and black pack looks stunning on the Velar and the 2020 RR Sport - but it does need ceramic coating to ensure the colour doesnt dull and get a weird matte like shade on it in a few months.

Madagascar Orange is a classic metallic colour - most often seen on Defenders in Africa or on multi-continent rallies (with all those stickers on them)

The new satin finishes are amazing but almost impossible to match if you need a smart repair or respray. So be aware

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 ·
You live in Australia? :lol:

81 - 100 of 106 Posts