Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the Fpace 3 Liter cars are having issues with the front half shaft making a rubbing noise when fitted with the 22 inch wheels and they are being rejected, one of the rejected car owners was told this today by his JLR dealer,

"Jaguar have no fix. They are unable or unwilling to comment on the issue further and therefore accept my rejection, so the process has started. As they are unable to say whether the Velar will be affected I won't be buying one of those either."

Just a heads up for you all to keep your ear out for this in case the problem does transfers to the Velar.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
421 Posts
Isn't the suspension different on both cars thus going to affect the 1/2 shaft differently?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
VelarMan said:
I wonder if this is why 22" wheels are on hold hmmmm but then the FE gets them so I guess not?
Maybe, it would be very egg on face if they had to delay the FE edition which has 22 in the spec so perhaps they are hoping people either do not have the issue or do not know, i have had two Fpaces with 22 inch wheels and touch wood do not at present have any issues but i am told it's not if it's when.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
727 Posts
I guess the suspension set up will be different anyway so hopefully no cause for concern. With JLR reputation though I won't be surprised if we all have our own set of problems LOL

We do have a good chance of having all problems ironed out as it's the first time I have seen JLR openly run so many prototypes across the world for such a long period of time!!! They are adamant they want to get this one right me thinks! Instagram #velar and you will see prototypes being spotted across the globe.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
VelarMan said:
I guess the suspension set up will be different anyway so hopefully no cause for concern. With JLR reputation though I won't be surprised if we all have our own set of problems LOL

We do have a good chance of having all problems ironed out as it's the first time I have seen JLR openly run so many prototypes across the world for such a long period of time!!! They are adamant they want to get this one right me thinks! Instagram #velar and you will see prototypes being spotted across the globe.
Sorry i can not but help but laugh, the Fpace was meant to be the most heavily tested JLR yet it has so many problems, faults ect.

I would not hold you breath on such claims.

As for the suspension, so i am informed the only thing thats different is air suspension the rest are the same parts.

Will know for sure as i am going to a Velar day this Saturday and many questions will be asked and i will be taking a hard look.

I just hope your right as i am looking to go back to the Range Rover and Velar to move away from the continue issues with my Fpace and many others.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
727 Posts
Hmmm good point. I did not however notice so many spy shots of F-Paces as we do of the openly seen Velars with their "Prototype stickers" These seem to be every where at the moment and when I did the Solihull factory tour I was surprised to see so many already fully built scattered around the site there - they must be testing hard. Don'g get me wrong though - I'm not expecting a trouble free car but I certainly hope not to have any issues :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
VelarMan said:
Hmmm good point. I did not however notice so many spy shots of F-Paces as we do of the openly seen Velars with their "Prototype stickers" These seem to be every where at the moment and when I did the Solihull factory tour I was surprised to see so many already fully built scattered around the site there - they must be testing hard. Don'g get me wrong though - I'm not expecting a trouble free car but I certainly hope not to have any issues :)
I think your find most of the Fpace testing happened in Europe where the Velar is being tested in the UK.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
482 Posts
JKVelarF1 said:
the Fpace 3 Liter cars are having issues with the front half shaft making a rubbing noise when fitted with the 22 inch wheels and they are being rejected, one of the rejected car owners was told this today by his JLR dealer,

"Jaguar have no fix. They are unable or unwilling to comment on the issue further and therefore accept my rejection, so the process has started. As they are unable to say whether the Velar will be affected I won't be buying one of those either."

Just a heads up for you all to keep your ear out for this in case the problem does transfers to the Velar.
Answer = Yes. Exactly the same!

Let's hope the promised fix to be released in November 2017 will cure it?

Arianne
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
128 Posts
I have an FE with 22 inch wheels of course and don't recall hearing any rubbing, is this dependant on what suspension you have?? I usually have the radio on all the time so have not heard anything, will listen closer tonight and let you if I hear anything.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
482 Posts
It affects the D300 variant. If you have the P380 I don't think you will be afffected.

You won't hear it above the music. Try it in reverse, with steering off centre and as you move you will hear the rubbing noise. In forward hear you will hear it at low speed with throttle applied.

Be warned, once you hear it you will curse me. I would suggest you just ignore it and enjoy your car!

Arianne
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
482 Posts
Jaguar have just released the Technical Bulletin for the noisy half-shaft on the offside front wheel of the F-Pace 3.0d. It's a steel bracket which replaces the original aluminium unit on the drive shaft. I presume it reduces the resonance and therefore the sound which drivers hear in the cabin at low speed when under acceleration.

Reference: JTB00577

My Velar goes into the workshop on Monday and I hope the resolution will be swift as JLR have clearly made progress with the F-Pace which has identical running gear across this part of the driveline.

Arianne
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
558 Posts
Great news for you
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
295 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top