Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took a look at the marvellous (very thirsty) V6 Petrol closed the bonnet, and couldn't lock the Velar.

The Door indicator indicated that the bonnet wasn't closed.

Closer inspection revealed a flimsy Bonnet switch (with the lever to open the bonnet integrated). Pushing the lever to close the circuit solved the problem.

·
Registered
171 Posts
mth75 said:
I took a look at the marvellous (very thirsty) V6 Petrol closed the bonnet, and couldn't lock the Velar.

The Door indicator indicated that the bonnet wasn't closed.

Closer inspection revealed a flimsy Bonnet switch (with the lever to open the bonnet integrated). Pushing the lever to close the circuit solved the problem.
That's not ideal, do you think it was poorly fitted?

·
Registered
558 Posts
VelarMan... this isn't just a JLR problem, its bound to happen with any New (ish) concept. My judgment is how these are addressed and having owned a few JLR vehicles this is where the problem lies

·
Registered
69 Posts
Now it's run in, tested to see if the electrically limited top speed worked. Got within 20mph and the bonnet started wobbling.
Don't know if I hadn't locked it properly but worth remembering to check before doing fast runs.

·
Registered
72 Posts
It's scary. I had the same problem. Left hand side today as driving down the motorway was lifting slightly. Pulled over to the services and it wasn't secured correctly on that side. Note : there was not message to say the bonnet wasn't secure ! I gave it a good slam with both hands over the latches. It's now nice and secure. However I was 100% sure I shut it right the last time. I've just read the iGUIDE and they do recommend a big drop. Very worried there wasn't a warning light or something though.

Number 3. is the most important thing to check.

Product Font Rectangle Material property Parallel

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts