Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seem to have developed this mystery crack in the N/S headlight.

The joys

Attachments

·
Registered
563 Posts
Evidently struck by something or someone who didn't leave their details. :cry: Car park?

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, the front of the car is completely clean, no scuffs or marks. I forwarded the photos to my dealer and LR customer services to see what they say. But I fear it's 💷💷💷💷💷💷

·
Registered
52 Posts
J77 said:
Yeah, the front of the car is completely clean, no scuffs or marks. I forwarded the photos to my dealer and LR customer services to see what they say. But I fear it's
Painful - Let's hope LR will perform a nice gesture. Did you recently get the Velar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Picked it up 25th January.

LR Customer services want it in to my dealer for a full inspection.

I'm baffled by it as there is not a mark on the car, haven't hit any birds, just seems to have appeared.

·
Registered
52 Posts
J77 said:
Picked it up 25th January.

LR Customer services want it in to my dealer for a full inspection.

I'm baffled by it as there is not a mark on the car, haven't hit any birds, just seems to have appeared.
Goodmorning - I was wondering if JLR fixed the issue with your cracked headlight?

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No, dealer doesn't think it's warranty. Which was always going to be hard to prove either way.

·
Registered
52 Posts
J77 said:
No, dealer doesn't think it's warranty. Which was always going to be hard to prove either way.
Sorry to hear about that. If you're the only customer with this issue then they won't recognise it as a manufacturing flaw indeed. Apart from this, I hope you're enjoying the Velar!

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes still enjoying the car, even though it's just spent a week in the dealers for EGR issues.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Price for a Matrix LED headlight?

£2495 + VAT :shock: :shock: :shock:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Thanks for posting this J77

I would be interested to find out how you got on with Land Rover.

I noticed a very slight mark on my headlight while cleaning the car and if it had not been for your post I would probably have ignored. I took a closer look and it appears my headlight is starting to develop the same fault.

As mine is only 6 weeks old and done only 1,500 careful miles with the hardest impact on the front of the car being insects there would indeed appear to be a flaw. I am going to write to Land Rover tonight and get my complaint recorded before it gets any worse.

Atmosphere Hood Liquid Vehicle Water
Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Grille Automotive design
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Bumper Automotive exterior
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Grille Hood Motor vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
160 Posts
could be a stone flicked up by a vehicle in front

·
Registered
92 Posts
makse said:
could be a stone flicked up by a vehicle in front
The glass is smooth to touch and no damage at all on the outside surface. If it had been chipped on outside then it could be a possibility. I think it looks more like a stress fracture rather than an impact

·
Registered
92 Posts
Reported this to Land Rover (no reply). Went to dealers today and showed them the flaw/crack and they agreed that it was not caused by a stone. They then checked several new Velars in the showroom and found 3 others with the same chip/crack.

Not sure if manufacturing fault or maybe it is normal for some to have this???

It's reported now anyway as it's £2,500 to have headlight replaced if crack spreads!!!

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Mines still an on going battle, the crack on mine appears to be on the inside. I now have a crack developing in a similar place on the other headlight. So the car is going in again on the 17th September to investigate this amongst other things. I've raised it with LR customer services who can't comment until my dealer looks at it, who conveniently forget each time I've asked whilst it's been in for other things, makes me more suspicious.

There is something on topix about rear lights cracking/delaminating but no sure if it refers to the Velar.

The new crack

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
There were 3 brand new Velars at dealers yesterday with same flaw. I got them to record mine as it looks like it will get worse. It isn't very noticeable and you have to look for it. If there was 3 at dealers then I have no doubt some people reading this will have same on there lights if they take a careful look.

Atmosphere Hood Liquid Vehicle Wing

Automotive tire Hood Grille Automotive lighting Hat

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
RealMrPorter said:
I think I have the start of this in both front headlights. Just hit 200 miles on the clock today.

Will report back what the dealer says. :-(
Let us know :)

As I said earlier, they found 3 Velars in dealers with exactly the same flaw. You have to look carefully for it but better getting it reported now as who knows what will happen when cold/ice comes. If it spreads and becomes a full blown crack they will just say it must have been hit.

These lights are £2,500 each so get checking carefully :shock:

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My salesman checked all the cars they have on site and all have marks in the headlights, they believe it's a manufacturing defect.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts