Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

Since we all had no opportunity to test before buy, has anybody already driven a D180 ? if so I'd be gld to read about his/her feel regarding the power of the engine.

I chose the D180 for accounting and environnemental reasons. Here in France taxes against big motors are really becoming a good incentive to think before buy :D

I am not looking for massive power, however a reasonnable acceleration ability would be appreciated ...

My only point of comparison would be our former FL2 D 160 , ie + 20 horse power with a similar weight ?

any views ?

Ludo

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Ludo,
I pick up mine tomorrow :D , so will be happy to confirm the situation later in the day.

It's acceleration looks good on paper for a large SUV 2 Ltr diesel, I have fitted some 21inch wheels so looking forward to see how we get on tomorrow.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@Basel: taxes are getting totally crazy in France. The aim is legitimate, people are pushed to purchasing less poluting cars. For example a range Rover sport poluting at approx 180 /199 gr. of co²/km will be charged around 10000 eco tax ! For the velar, since I chose the "cleanest" one (D180) with 142 gr. of co²/km, I have only 600 € ecotax.
But when it comes to purchasing a car via a company, you can amortise 18K€ on company expenses if the vehicule polutes less than 155 gr of co²/km, in 2017. In 2018, it will have to be less than 150gr (and 130 gr in 2021...) . above the limit you can only amortize 9K€ or zero with higher pollution level...
So for us frenchies, the P250 won't sell good (the D250 will though), it would cost at least 3 to 5K€ eco tax plus a minus 9K€ for amortization... A pity since we drive very little (less than 10/12 Kkm/ year).

@Jura. I agree with you about acceleration. Since I drive mainly with family, I am not looking for 6-7 sec to reach 100 Km/H. 9 sec will do good :) Still a decent acceleration to overtake would be appreciated. Enjoy your delivery today. Look forward to read about your feeling !

·
Registered
121 Posts
Ludo said:
@Basel: taxes are getting totally crazy in France. The aim is legitimate, people are pushed to purchasing less poluting cars. For example a range Rover sport poluting at approx 180 /199 gr. of co²/km will be charged around 10000 eco tax ! For the velar, since I chose the "cleanest" one (D180) with 142 gr. of co²/km, I have only 600 € ecotax.
But when it comes to purchasing a car via a company, you can amortise 18K€ on company expenses if the vehicule polutes less than 155 gr of co²/km, in 2017. In 2018, it will have to be less than 150gr (and 130 gr in 2021...) . above the limit you can only amortize 9K€ or zero with higher pollution level...
So for us frenchies, the P250 won't sell good (the D250 will though), it would cost at least 3 to 5K€ eco tax plus a minus 9K€ for amortization... A pity since we drive very little (less than 10/12 Kkm/ year).
Uau ... I did not know !!! You are also very hurt yourself in France about car taxes.

·
Registered
17 Posts
After ordering on th 5th March I got my hands on our Velar D180 today.
With great excitement we got briefed on some of the many things this car is capable of ... and yes Ludo the 180d is capable, and a great family car.
The D180 powered quite happily along the glens and dual carriageways we grinned along today. No it's not a sports engine it's a great tourer though... with power enough for those overtaking moves and sprightly enough up to the cruising speed.
Will try and update some pics tomorrow from the highlands where I am heading on "1st September Topic Review".
All the best with your choice, whatever you decide I am sure you will be very content... enjoy.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Jura: thanks so much for sharing your first impression. This is reassuring indeed. i will just have to wait now. My dealer wrote our velar is meant to be assembled in September for a delivery in November in paris. Hopefully sooner

Enjoy your first trip. Look forward to seeing your photos. !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts