Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a slight delay we collected our Velar at the weekend.
This is my wifes everyday car, so will be mainly used for ferrying our 6 year old to school and her swimming classes etc, so practical spec for us was a must. It was quite interesting to see how cost effectively I could spec the Velar, it is obviously not a cheap car but this is very much the lower end spec wise - but it is a practical car for us and it will not be used for any great journeys, so the basic engine was fine for our needs. Will see how we get on with it. This came out at £55,095.

Attachments

·
Registered
534 Posts
Probably because this one is on coils which are a fixed height. Most pictures are of the air suspension in the lowest (parked) setting.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
As above, must be the coil suspension, I didn't really notice it to be much higher looking than that of the silver demo Velar in the background, but it does look a bit higher from the pictures.
It does actually ride quite hard with the coil suspension and that is with the 20's too, but we are just 100 miles in so it's early days.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Very stealthy... black with black pack, riding on black with black interior. Can't believe your dealer didn't black the tyres!

Very nice looking and shows you don't need to spent 60k+ to have a great looking Velar...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
DNR17 said:
Very stealthy... black with black pack, riding on black with black interior. Can't believe your dealer didn't black the tyres!

Very nice looking and shows you don't need to spent 60k+ to have a great looking Velar...
:lol: They did actually dress two of the tyres, just must have forgotten about the other two!
They turned it around really quickly so couldn't be hard on them, I appreciated all they did with getting it ready.

Thank you, that was exactly the plan. It was supplied fairly local to you too (Elgin).

·
Registered
30 Posts
KeithP said:
DNR17 said:

:lol: They did actually dress two of the tyres, just must have forgotten about the other two!
They turned it around really quickly so couldn't be hard on them, I appreciated all they did with getting it ready.

Thank you, that was exactly the plan. It was supplied fairly local to you too (Elgin).
Cool, probably see you around. Agree btw, cut down rear reg plate with that number would look the business... That's what I would do.

·
Registered
26 Posts
What interior door trim did you go with? Aluminium or did you change it to one of the wood ones ?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Nice velar all dressed in black.

Your config is quite close to mine. Any feedback on the engine : is it powerfull enough . I mean to drive your daughter to school :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Mad alex said:
What interior door trim did you go with? Aluminium or did you change it to one of the wood ones ?
Just went with the aluminium trim, which is perfectly fine, pleasantly surprised with it actually as I wasn't sure if it was going to look good.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ludo said:
Nice velar all dressed in black.

Your config is quite close to mine. Any feedback on the engine : is it powerfull enough . I mean to drive your daughter to school :)
It's definitely not fast, but it is not as slow as I thought it would be. Obviously with only 300 miles in it's not been pushed but it wafts along quite nicely.
Perfectly fine for any of the trips we have done in it so far. I've not being in it and felt, this is incredibly slow. I was warned when ordering this might not be a good idea but I'm happy I stuck with it so far. Everyone's needs / wants will be different but for what we required it to do, it's perfectly fine.

Enjoy your car when it comes, sure you will be happy.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts