Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello fellow Velar-ians,

Here are a few photos of our Velar we were lucky to pick up last Tuesday, ie almost 4 weeks ahead of schedule. Order was passed on July 22nd and delivery on October the 3rd. Not bad JLR

Car Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Tire

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel Tire

Wheel Car Sky Tire Vehicle

Wheel Automotive parking light Land vehicle Car Tire

Wheel Car Tire Automotive side marker light Land vehicle

Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle

Car Vehicle Gear shift Motor vehicle Speedometer

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Looks beautiful!!! Interesting that the 20" wheels look perfect in that style, whereas all the other options look too small to me in 20"'s.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Russw said:
Hi. We have just ordered the same. How does the D180 drive?
@Blam. I still have little experience since I only drove 400 km, mainly on highway and traffic jams in Paris.

1st of all, the car is really stunning. both from outside and inside. It has a good drive feel for a 1,8 ton SUV. I was a bit disapointed by the 8 gear gearbox. I felt it was not has fast as our previous 9 gear on the freelander 2. actually I changed my mind when I started selecting the 'dynamic' mode. it was really smoother.

No real dfficulties when overtaking. the 450 of torque helps :)

depending on what you were driving before, you will probably find It's long as well, (4,8 m is long) and so is the bonnet

As written somewhere else on this forum, the Velar is not a sport's car. It is a confortable, yet dynamic premium SUV. I am sure you will enjoy driving yours.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Russw said:
We are also going from a freelander 2 58 reg..
if like me you come from a FL2, I am sure you will love your D180 velar. It's a massive uptrade.
another point I forgot is the quality of the coil suspension. I do have many road bumpers here in Paris. On some of them my former Freelander 2 was really shaking especially in the rear. It is much much better handled by the Velar. The latter is slightly less high than the FL2, this might contribute to explain ...

·
Registered
15 Posts
That's great to know. Thank you. It's my wife's car, so she isn't interested in speed or grunt, just elegance! As she says - we've spec'd it up considerably inc the 22 spoked wheels - so except the 'designer' interior and tail pipes in the rear bumper it will look like a first edition! .. we have the opening pan

·
Registered
15 Posts
Roof, and 12 inch tft etc.. I just hope it drives nice - from what your saying it sounds like it does! The freelander 2 was a great car - very underrated - the disco sport that replaced it sadly fell very short ! Being fugly didn't help! - no armrests etc! Awful looking thing! - the evoque too small ... the velar - perfect!!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Joe said:
Congrats!
What option did you choose to get this steering wheel?
If the question was for me, The steering wheel I have is the one that comes standard with R dynamic and standard Leather pack (which I got with the S pack).

So basically I did not specify anything in particular. On the steering wheel I have :
- the black leather fitting my black leather seats (standard I do not have none of the 2 extended leather packs)
- the metal insert at the bottom of teh steering wheel (that comes with the R dynamic I believe)
- all the touch screens buttons (this is standard on all Velar I believe)

cheers

Ludo

·
Registered
449 Posts
Ludo,
I'm asking because of the metal ring insert. We ordered the SE with no R Dynamic and no leather option and I thought the steering is just leather with no metal ring insert. Probably R Dynamic adds the metal ring to the steering?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I thought the metal insert was linked with the R dynamic Pack. But I checked on the 'configurator' if you select even the most basic car the interior is shown with the metal insert. so it seems to be standard...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.