Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon all.

So I've ordered a D240 R-dynamic but I'm in two minds to change it to a D300? It's for the wife for day to day life...occasionally I'll get to drive it.. 馃榾

Coming out of a SQ5..thoughts are welcome.

Also Ive got 20" style 7014 gloss black on a Santorini, black pack Velar..should I get bigger wheels!! I can't decide

Thanks in advance Mark

Registered
Difficult decision, I ordered the D300, simply once you drive this engine nothing else is interesting. Really very nice engine!

I think one question is as well the type daily drive it is. For very short commutes and distances, the D300 is an overkill - if from time to time there are longer distances like 60, 70 or more kilometre,I'd go for the D300.

When it comes to your "rare" usage, you will love the D300!

Registered
If money is no issue of course D300, but I am not sure I would pay the difference with my budget - I preferred to go HSE D240 than SE D300, as I thought it would be more comfortable, nicer looking and hold value better come re-sale

Registered
If you're coming out of an SQ5 (we have the 2014 version in Estoril Blue) you're probably not going to like going down in power, so I'd recommend at least the D300. For me, it's a slippery slope when it comes to power and acceleration and can't really go backwards. But then maybe I'm weird and others have no problem with it. :)

Also, I hate to offend anyone but I think this Velar only looks good with the 22's. There is something really nice about the larger wheels and this body shape and it doesn't seem to matter as much with other Land Rovers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.