Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
The amber engine fault light on my 2018 Velar D300 came on at the weekend. No sign of anything unusual when driving. Plugged in an OBD to check the diagnostics and found a fault code P0234 suggesting a turbocharger overboost fault. I’ve reset the code to clear the dash fault light and hoping for the best before finding a slot at the local garage to get it checked out,
Wondering if anyone has experience of similar problems!

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,
The amber engine fault light on my 2018 Velar D300 came on at the weekend. No sign of anything unusual when driving. Plugged in an OBD to check the diagnostics and found a fault code P0234 suggesting a turbocharger overboost fault. I’ve reset the code to clear the dash fault light and hoping for the best before finding a slot at the local garage to get it checked out,
Wondering if anyone has experience of similar problems!

Thanks
Just Had the same issue on my 2018 D300 velar this afternoon, did you get any answers about this?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just Had the same issue on my 2018 D300 velar this afternoon, did you get any answers about this?
Nope, no details at all. I bought an ODB diagnostic tool (£20 on Amazon) plugged it in and reset the falut code. Driven the car for over 250 miles since and has returned 🤷‍♂️.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nope, no details at all. I bought an ODB diagnostic tool (£20 on Amazon) plugged it in and reset the falut code. Driven the car for over 250 miles since and has returned 🤷‍♂️.
Yeah think I'll purchase one myself, do you have the link to the one you purchased?
AA advised a technician look at it so have one coming tomorrow morning, will see what he says and advise you of what gets said

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
4 Posts
Cool 😎
Kasmotion OBD2 Code Reader, Universal Car Diagnostic Tool,Car OBD2 Scanner, Engine Fault Reader for All OBDⅡ Car Since 1996 https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B091SM6...i_i_KJEFA7Q2TZ3M5435RZPS?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
Cheers for that,

So I have the technician here, who's told me the code is due to a flap getting clogged up and sticking and also there is a sensor close by to it that could also be dirty, they did used to replaced the part on warrenty but now they've been told if it's due to it been clogged up then to just clean them out, he said it's a common thing on cars that have done a fair few miles, mines currently at 45k miles. So he's going to clean that for me said it should take half an hour.

Worth mentioning my engine light went off yesterday whilst driving which I mentioned to him today and he told me it will come back on at some point once that flap starts to stick again so if you do see it come back on again since you reset your light you know why 😁

Hope that helps bud, thanks for the link

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers for that,

So I have the technician here, who's told me the code is due to a flap getting clogged up and sticking and also there is a sensor close by to it that could also be dirty, they did used to replaced the part on warrenty but now they've been told if it's due to it been clogged up then to just clean them out, he said it's a common thing on cars that have done a fair few miles, mines currently at 45k miles. So he's going to clean that for me said it should take half an hour.

Worth mentioning my engine light went off yesterday whilst driving which I mentioned to him today and he told me it will come back on at some point once that flap starts to stick again so if you do see it come back on again since you reset your light you know why 😁

Hope that helps bud, thanks for the link
Thanks for that…..did he say what part exactly was the problem, was it the throttle body ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts