Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I first wish to thank Arianne for sharing the ownership of Holly with us. However it does in need raise some concern for all D300 current and future owners. I have therefore started this topic and ask all of those who own a D300 to post their comments and I pasted Arianne's comments below:

" Problems?
There is one. Not completely unexpected but slightly disappointing nonetheless. It's the same issue as my rejected F-Pace and so I suggest everyone else with a D300 on 21" or 22" rims will suffer the same problem too. Sorry to bring you this bad news folks.

There is a quiet, cyclical rubbing noise on the offside front wheel. I can hear it in reverse and at slow speeds in forward motion. Turn the steering and it is slightly louder. At speed, it is almost drowned out, but because the Velar is so quiet in the cabin I think there is a low level drone that shouldn't be present when torque is applied.

I have notified my dealer and JLR. I await their response. When I rejected the F-Pace back in April 2017, upon which the Velar's running gear is based, JLR had no fix. Now they have published a Technical Bulletin on Topixx which says that they have a fix but it won't be available to dealers until November. Encouraging. And so, because we love the Velar so, so much and the noise is quieter than on my previous F-Pace, we will keep the car and work with the dealer to resolve it. The reason it's quieter is that my 21" rims resonate the sound less than the larger, heavier 22" rims of the Jaguar."

·
Registered
558 Posts
D300 with 22" wheels (3600 miles in 5 months)
No noise at all. Slow or reverse.

Is this an issue with the 22" wheel or the D300 engine (or perhaps the weight or geometry when the D300 model is fitted with a 22" wheel?)

Not clear this is a widespread issue. Experience has taught me this (valuable) forum is not a true barometer of owner experience in that this may not be a widespread problem. Just very prominent on the owners here (with a vested interest in addressing frustrating issues)

·
Registered
36 Posts
I decided to side-step the whole issue and down-sized to the 20". Still looks stunning and the ride is super comfortable since the side walls are slightly taller and therefore more pliant. 50 as opposed to 45 or 40.

·
Registered
558 Posts
So are we talking a wheel or engine mounting fault here?
Presuming the heavy D300 or P380 engine is at issue?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.