Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I have been calling a lot of LR dealerships to see what stock they have available as I have been told that although my car has been built that it has been delayed and they don't know when it may arrive. As I am car-less at the moment i am considering just buying one that is ready to collect now. Not my perfect spec but pretty close. Pics of the one I have been offered below. Like the spec, colour and they have knocked £1k off the list price and thrown in a service plan!! Something my local dealer categorically said they would not do. What do you think, jump ship and buy NOW or wait for my order to eventually come in? The only thing that makes me want to wait is I like the byron blue exterior but my Evoque was coris grey so know that looks good. Also like the colour with the grey alloys.

FYI there is plenty of stock around at dealerships in the UK now so if anyone doesn't want to wait phone around and i'm sure you'll find something if you haven't ordered anything too specific.
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Car Vehicle Steering part Motor vehicle Automotive design

Attachments

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
KRG said:
That one looks very sleek, love it. It is missing any major option you had ordered, or just the color?
It actually has quite a bit more than my spec! Air suspension, configurable dynamics and lighting, terrain responce 2, all terrain response, black roof, sliding sunroof (not fixed) and premium mats. As they have taken some money off its less than £1k more. My spec was byron blue with blue/eclipse interior so a little different in look but not in actual spec. Slightly worried about the air suspension as felt a little sea sick when test driving the demo with air but from what everyone says on here it is superior than coils so something I may have to get used to or just stop playing with the screen when driving which may have contributed to the nausea! When in dynamic mode it felt much better and more like the coils I'm used to.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Haha. I'd say take it for an extended test drive and make sure you can live with the air. I'm sure you'd get used to it. The color is a personal choice, so thats up to you, but Corris is one of my favs. The sliding roof and configurable lighting are both nice options as well.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
KRG said:
Haha. I'd say take it for an extended test drive and make sure you can live with the air. I'm sure you'd get used to it. The color is a personal choice, so thats up to you, but Corris is one of my favs. The sliding roof and configurable lighting are both nice options as well.
I like corris, but as i had it before and the wife has a grey Q3 thought a change would be good! Once i got it tho i wouldn't care and like that the wheels are pretty much the same colour as the car.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Those pictures look great! It appears on the interior picture that the door and arm rest leather is a lighter shade than the seat and dashboard leather. Is this the case or is it just a lighting issue? If 2 shades of leather, would love to know what option allows that specification. I think it looks great!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
velarios said:
If you like a certain color and specs and you are not getting it for a good cheaper deal, why compromise when you are paying top $$! Wait and enjoy your car the way you like it!
Theres a couple of 'extras' on this one I wish I ordered so don't mind paying the extra ££. For example i forgot to add black roof on my spec so would have to get this done after delivery which is a bit of a pain. Also a bit worried i would get bored of the blue interior after a while. The main issue is i'm without a car as i was promised delivery on my order mid/end of Aug. It was built in July but is still sat somewhere in a compound not able to be released. I'm waiting to see if LR dealer will give me a hire car on Monday. If not i'll get this one!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
DCApilot said:
Those pictures look great! It appears on the interior picture that the door and arm rest leather is a lighter shade than the seat and dashboard leather. Is this the case or is it just a lighting issue? If 2 shades of leather, would love to know what option allows that specification. I think it looks great!
No just a lighting difference i'm afraid. Although the seats are real leather and the side panels and mid instrument panel are 'faux' leather I think so the different textures may well carry the light differently.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Byron Blue was a bit of a disappointment when I actually saw it in the flesh. I expected a more light blue finish but it's more of a dull grey blue.

I think Corris Grey is much better. JMO of course.

You might find this opportunity is a blessing....

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
dc44back said:
Byron Blue was a bit of a disappointment when I actually saw it in the flesh. I expected a more light blue finish but it's more of a dull grey blue.

I think Corris Grey is much better. JMO of course.

You might find this opportunity is a blessing....
You maybe right! Haven't seen it in the flesh other than a tiny sample. Seen lots of Corris tho and always look nice.

·
Registered
10 Posts
dodge1201 said:
DCApilot said:
No just a lighting difference i'm afraid. Although the seats are real leather and the side panels and mid instrument panel are 'faux' leather I think so the different textures may well carry the light differently.
Great feedback! Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Available Stock from a Dealer in Herts UK:

NUMBER 1: VELAR SE P250 FIRENZE RED / EBONY SEATS £60255.00
13697597: http://rules.config.landrover.com/lr2/r/summary/_/en_gb/l560_k18/3h8u4/a-250si4_a-l560_sp2/n-029vt_n-032bu-088hh_n-041cx_n-047ab_n-064qd_n-1af
due 29th September

NUMBER 2: SOLD

NUMBER 3: R DYNAMIC S D180 SANTORINI BLACK / EBONY INTERIOR £55350.00
13759355: http://pdfgen.config.landrover.com/lr2/en_gb/l560_k18/3h8u4/a-2td4_a-rdynamic_rd1/n-032ja-088hh_n-041cz_n-047ab_n-1ag/landrover.pdf
IN STOCK for immediate delivery

NUMBER 4: HSE D300 FUJI WHITE / EBONY INTERIOR £68110.00
13757144: http://pdfgen.config.landrover.com/lr2/en_gb/l560_k18/3h8u4/a-3sd6_a-l560_sp3/n-060aw/landrover.pdf

NUMBER 5: R DYNAMIC SE D240 CARPATHIAN GREY / EBONY SEATS £62150.00
13741460: http://pdfgen.config.landrover.com/lr2/en_gb/l560_k18/3h8u4/a-2sd4_a-rdynamic_rd2/n-032iz_n-060aw_n-1au/landrover.pdf

NUMBER 6: VELAR D180 CORRIS GREY / EBONY SEATS £45555.00
13698185: http://pdfgen.config.landrover.com/lr2/en_gb/l560_k18/3h8u4/a-2td4_a-l560_sp0/n-060aw_n-1ab/landrover.pdf

NUMBER 7: R DYNAMIC SE P250 NARVIC BLACK / OYSTER & EBONY SEATS £61685.00
13718262: http://pdfgen.config.landrover.com/lr2/en_gb/l560_k18/3h8u4/a-250si4_a-rdynamic_rd2/n-011ae_n-029vt_n-033yh-ni-eb_n-041cx_n-047ab_n-064fc_n-072ba_n-088km_n-1at/landrover.pdf
Delivery September 27th

NUMBER 8: VELAR S D240 FUJI WHITE / OYSTER/EBONY SEATS £59500.00
13720132: http://pdfgen.config.landrover.com/lr2/en_gb/l560_k18/3h8u4/a-2sd4_a-l560_sp1/n-017ta_n-029mi_n-033yh-ni-eb_n-041cz_n-047ab_n-086gc_n-088jw_n-261ac-032hl_n-servplan1/landrover.pdf
Arrived

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
velarbg said:
dodge1201 said:
Rdynamic d240 SE. Showroom model with top spec. https://video.citnow.com/vt78_7HR0p8
mine is exactly the same wow!

67 000 GBP is the total price ?
Yes think so. Although there's a car exactly the same as this in another showroom which i have managed to get them to £65,450!! To include the service plan worth £675 too! Don't think i'm going to go for this one now so if you want it (if you haven't got your car yet) let me know and i'll send you the details. (I have found the same but in silicon silver so will go for that one instead!)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts