1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I ordered the velar P400e R dynamic SE on 24/9/2021
Last week been told delivery this week 6/5/2022
Today I phoned LR customer service to be told delivery will be on 20/5/2022, delay of 2 weeks, when asked why the change they said car has to go through inspection!
The car was built on 21/4/2022 does it take 4 weeks to do that?
Anyone had similar situation?
Thanks

·
Registered
'21 Velar P340 R-Dynamic
16 Posts
I went through something similar. I had a build date of December 12, 2020 and a delivery date of January 30, 2021. I did not get the vehicle until April 3, 2021. I was told that the vehicle was built and waiting for some electronics and then had to go through Quality Control.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went through something similar. I had a build date of December 12, 2020 and a delivery date of January 30, 2021. I did not get the vehicle until April 3, 2021. I was told that the vehicle was built and waiting for some electronics and then had to go through Quality Control.
That is ridiculous, I am not happy with LR service
You think buying a top of the range car you expect a first class service to go with it but unfortunately I did not experience that with LR
I have been an Audi customer for the last 15 years and I always had top service
I am starting to regret my choice

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was regretting my choice as well. However, it is a spectacular vehicle and love being in it every day.
Hi
Thank you for the feedback
I hope I will enjoy the car as much as you did
The pe-delivery experience have not left any room for optimism for me
I am hoping that this is just a snug going forward but I still believe that the service does not match the premium price and LR have a long way to go
Thank you

·
Registered
Velar R-Dynamic SE D200 2022 Habuka Silver
108 Posts
I think your experience with any brand will vary. Mine so far has been very good and it looks like I've ordered similar time as you with a similar delivery date.

I myself have been with audi previously, but after the order stage I faced a huge amount of issues, from emails and phone calls being ignored, requests for call backs ignored and eventually finding out my order was wrong and key features of my spec missed off. It all led to me having a meeting with the showroom manager and being offered various things as an apology. But again I'm sure this was just a one off.

Prior to ordering with Audi, BMW I visited once and walked out. I spent half an hour looking at their vehicles, wasn't approached or asked if I needed any advice etc. Eventually I approached a sales rep and asked about one of their vehicles. First thing he did was lean against the car and said "are you actually here to buy it though?". More than likely because I was in my mid 20's, but has put me off BMW for years. 1 hour later that same day I'd placed an order for a £55k Audi.

I just find with any brand you'll face issues, regardless of what you spend. I've found with JLR, they know their vehicles are selling and can be a bit more ruthless. If the original purchaser pulls out. They'll have it sold within hours regardless. That's the only negative I've found with them when trying to negotiate price after them stripping things from the spec.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think your experience with any brand will vary. Mine so far has been very good and it looks like I've ordered similar time as you with a similar delivery date.

I myself have been with audi previously, but after the order stage I faced a huge amount of issues, from emails and phone calls being ignored, requests for call backs ignored and eventually finding out my order was wrong and key features of my spec missed off. It all led to me having a meeting with the showroom manager and being offered various things as an apology. But again I'm sure this was just a one off.

Prior to ordering with Audi, BMW I visited once and walked out. I spent half an hour looking at their vehicles, wasn't approached or asked if I needed any advice etc. Eventually I approached a sales rep and asked about one of their vehicles. First thing he did was lean against the car and said "are you actually here to buy it though?". More than likely because I was in my mid 20's, but has put me off BMW for years. 1 hour later that same day I'd placed an order for a £55k Audi.

I just find with any brand you'll face issues, regardless of what you spend. I've found with JLR, they know their vehicles are selling and can be a bit more ruthless. If the original purchaser pulls out. They'll have it sold within hours regardless. That's the only negative I've found with them when trying to negotiate price after them stripping things from the spec.
Hi
That is true, I visited 3 LR dealers before I placed my order and each visit no one came to talk to me or asked if I needed help
They know the cars are selling so they are not eager
I managed to get a good discount online as in the dealers they refused to give any thing off.
The only thing have made me order the velar is the comfort and luxury as it is better in my view than Audi Q7 or the Mercedes
Let’s hope things will be better going forward
I just had an update from the dealer the car will arrive end of next week.
When are you having yours?

·
Registered
Velar R-Dynamic SE D200 2022 Habuka Silver
108 Posts
I'm not sure yet, the email for update 3 didn't specify a delivery date to the dealer, I can only go off the date that was given to me several weeks ago which was the 13th May.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts