Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Hoping to collect our Velar (P300 R-Dynamic S) in a couple of weeks, its the first car I've bought brand new, what is the normal delivery process at the dealer? What freebies should I expect/any other advice?

Thanks and Happy New Year!

·
Registered
489 Posts
Up to 2hrs if you don't tell them otherwise because the car is complex and they may wish to talk you through it all. So you might want to tell them whether you want the whole graduation masterclass or the quick exit option (if it's the latter then don't complain when you struggle to mine out the best of what Velar has to offer you on the technology side of the car).

Otherwise:

It's Land Rover - so you should be treated as a premium client. It should feel as if you are 'the client', their only one. And flowers, maybe a Land Rover umbrella, gift key rings in a presentation box and maybe some other surprises. Oh, and a full tank of fuel.

But whether you get the little trinkets or not, it's the experience that is most important and the car being perfectly prepared for you. A few weeks later you will receive a welcome letter from JLR and it will include a free half-day off-roading experience at one of Land Rover's special centres across the UK. Choose one, contact them, tell them which car you would like to be given (you don't need to use your own, thank goodness), your dietary requirements and preferred date. Then sit back and enjoy.

JLR ain't perfect but, based on our experience of them, they try reasonably hard to deliver on the promise. Every dealer is different so let's hope you chose a good one.

Enjoy your special day. We did and we still are - the car is fabulous, unique in a world of euro-box SUVs and catches peoples' eyes.

Best wishes,

Arianne

PS. The one important piece of advice I have for you is to inspect the car carefully before signing off on it. It should be perfect and, if it isn't, don't drive it away unless you have agreed an acceptable arrangement. I have heard of cars arriving with the wrong interior configuration, slight paint imperfections etc. Rare but it happens.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts