Range Rover Velar Forum banner

Deployable Door Handle

17K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  Anonymous 
#1 ·
Dear All,

I would be interested in your opinion or your experience to the deployable door handles in the Velar.

-Are the parts stable / make a valuable impression?

I know that the car is still quite new on the market. But possibly someone here already has some experience.

On the Tesla S and the Jaguar F-Type, the deployable door handles seem to make problems.

Thank you in advance!

#5 ·
No problems at all. Now have 2500 km on the teller. Handles are perfect and solid !
Only issues I have are software issues with the main TFT combined with the HUD. Other more annoying issue is with the handsfree phone. The sounds falls away every 20 to 30 seconds for about 5 tot 7 seconds . This makes the system non-functional in my eyes. Hope JLR comes up quickly with a software patch for that.
Car's ride is a dream. Have a 300D FE and I am really pleased with the ride, the performance and the more than sufficient power.
I took the risk of buying one of the first car delivered in Belgium so I give JLR plenty of credit to solve the small software hick-ups. Until now these inconveniences are still compensated by the great ride and the many people staring and putting up their thumbs when driving by....

#7 ·
Brooke1403 said:
No issues with door handles.
Only concern is the reoccurring biting smell which happened again today. Dealer says it's the particulate filter burning off but I just not sure.
Hi Brooke, are you the fellow velar owner I met outside costa the other day?! It occurred to me afterwards that it may have been you!
I also get the smell and wife won't go in the car until it stops. Dealer said the same but clearly it is a problem as many have said they have the same on a topic I opened recently about it. Pretty silly manufacturing if something needs to 'burn off' on a new car. Takes he edge of the excitement when the smell starts to come through the air vents. Only happens when going slowly or standstill in traffic tho.

#8 ·
EriksVelar said:
No problems at all. Now have 2500 km on the teller. Handles are perfect and solid !
Only issues I have are software issues with the main TFT combined with the HUD. Other more annoying issue is with the handsfree phone. The sounds falls away every 20 to 30 seconds for about 5 tot 7 seconds . This makes the system non-functional in my eyes. Hope JLR comes up quickly with a software patch for that.
Car's ride is a dream. Have a 300D FE and I am really pleased with the ride, the performance and the more than sufficient power.
I took the risk of buying one of the first car delivered in Belgium so I give JLR plenty of credit to solve the small software hick-ups. Until now these inconveniences are still compensated by the great ride and the many people staring and putting up their thumbs when driving by....
Did you get the problem fixed with the handsfree dropping, I have the same issue in my new Velar. Thanks

#9 ·
Door handles = no pb. they work great. If I had to make a comment, I'd say the inner plastic of the handle when delpoyed is not the best.

having said this, those handles are a big contribution to the perfect silhouette of the Velar.

G
#12 ·
I have a rear passenger side handle that likes to work, some of the time. Mind you it's been -35C overnight and -25C daytime highs the last week+... The dealer couldn't reproduce the problem, which I questioned, because I reproduced it, in their parking lot, when I picked it up from servicing. I'm taking it back for service when it gets warmer...

#13 ·
Left our apartment this morning to go skiing. The car was covered in frozen rain. Door handles punched through and popped out without any drama. Relief!

Arianne

#14 ·
I had the car covered with ice too and yes the door handles did crack the ice . Howeversince this I noticed that the driver handle is retracting in a 2 way movement starting from the front then retracting teh rear of the handle, whereas all 3 other handles do retract remaining nicely parrallel to the doors . anybody had that?

#16 ·
thanks threputt . I feel less lonely. The thing is I can not remember if it was like this before cracking the ice . another thing to sho to JLR when I have the time...

#18 ·
Just to report that our dealer has fixed the issue we had on the door handle. after this door was fully frozen, the door handle had to crack the ice and after that the closing mecanism was not so smooth. when closing the the dorr handle was not remaining parrallel to the door, it was a doing a 2 step process different from the 3 other door handles.

I confirm that back from dealer, it's now working as it should.

no idea how I should deal with future freeze though. should I pour water on the door to avoid the crack...

#19 ·
So my deployable door handle on drivers rear door is currently stuck out.... won't go in when locking as usual. It did go in when I drove but This handle was only other handle to stick out once I opened car other than the drivers door? Any ideas how I get it to go back in???? The car is locked but one handle sticks out!!!!!

G
#20 ·
There is a service bulletin out on the door handles, advising dealers not to replace. I've had one replaced, and the dealer had ordered another replacement for a different handle. They have been advised not to fix, pending an update from JLR. The bulletin is posted on TOPIx from what the service manager showed me (print out).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.